FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Finally Installed Remote Starter/security Combo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i bought the code alarm srt 9000 few months ago..as a christmas gift for myself..

and had excuse being busy and blah blah..

finally installed and programmed and everything..
now i don't have to bring old keyfob which kept falling off from keyholder..

taking off under dash, kick panel and steering column cover was easy, done in 5 mins..

finding main wires were super easy, there was no 2nd ignition or 2nd acc..and wires from transponder bypass to key cyliner..done in 30 mins..

lock/unlock, trunk release, door pin, trunk pin..wires were same color but tested out wires and such took me about 45 mins..

running hood pin and tach signal wires through firewall and bring siren wires back from engine bay to inside took me about 30mins..

cleaning up messy wires ook me rest of times..

2 hours for security/remote starter isn't that bad..
the hardest car i have done so far was 99 dodge intrepid..

here is pics of remote..display is OLED which is same as cell phone..
[Image: IMG_4486.jpg]
looks sweet.
Do you drive standard or auto? I just recently learned that it is possible to get a manual transmission remote start module, after my friend bought his car with it...
He drives an auto......

With standard.... you have to ALWAYS park your car in neutral which is something that goes against my "Manual Transmission Driving Morals"

I ALWAYS park in gear.... facing down a hill... I'm in reverse....... facing up a hill, in first.

Can't ALWAYS rely on your e-brake :P
SVTGuy02,Feb 6 2008, 04:07 PM Wrote:He drives an auto......

With standard.... you have to ALWAYS park your car in neutral which is something that goes against my  "Manual Transmission Driving Morals"

I ALWAYS park in gear.... facing down a hill... I'm in reverse....... facing up a hill, in first.

Can't ALWAYS rely on your e-brake :P
[right][snapback]257560[/snapback][/right]

i heard that they have a by-pass for manuals(if ur parked in gear).......thats just what i heard though.....
yeah i drive auto, which is sux..
for manual transmission, most of unit got for manual transmission..except the unit i bought..

for manual transmission, everytime you need to remote start car next time, you need to do reservation mode..which is before shut car off, park in neutral, do ebrake few times, press remote start, get out of car, lock door and car will shut off..
then you can use remote start function..and this is one time use only..
konafocuswrc,Feb 6 2008, 10:04 PM Wrote:yeah i drive auto, which is sux..
for manual transmission, most of unit got for manual transmission..except the unit i bought..

for manual transmission, everytime you need to remote start car next time, you need to do reservation mode..which is before shut car off, park in neutral, do ebrake few times, press remote start, get out of car, lock door and car will shut off..
[right][snapback]257568[/snapback][/right]

that must depend on the specific alarm. my alarm/remote starter doesn't require any of that stuff.. it just requires me to always remember to park in neutral if i want to use remote start (i have a manual trans subaru)

if i press remote start and its in1st the car will roll. SCARY! so i have to remember either don't use the remote (ie parked on the hill) or leave in neutral (ie parked at home in my parking spot) after the first time of seeing my car move without me and having to jump into it to press the brakes i never ever forget this
naz,Feb 6 2008, 03:47 PM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Feb 6 2008, 10:04 PM Wrote:yeah i drive auto, which is sux..

[right][snapback]257568[/snapback][/right]

that must depend on the specific alarm. my alarm/remote starter doesn't require any of that stuff.. it just requires me to always remember to park in neutral if i want to use remote start (i have a manual trans subaru)

if i press remote start and its in1st the car will roll. SCARY! so i have to remember either don't use the remote (ie parked on the hill) or leave in neutral (ie parked at home in my parking spot) after the first time of seeing my car move without me and having to jump into it to press the brakes i never ever forget this
[right][snapback]257570[/snapback][/right]

oh really, good thing to know
by the way, what brand is it??

most of them i know; nustart, compustar, command start, clifford, code alarm does require to do this stuff..other wise, car won't start..
i don't remember the exact model number but the brand is 'prestige' by audiovox prev owner installed it
that remote starter must have reservation mode..
haven't installed that brand but they are same as code alarm unit except transmitter..
audiovox=prestige=code alarm

your installer might bypassed it which is really dangerous to do if you forget to put it in neutral..

anyway..be careful with it..
Nice! My cousin sells quite a few of those units!
good to know thanks. its kind of annoying. i'm irked at the auto lock feature. i'm tempted to yank it and put the car back to stock.
your cousin??is he working at store??
code alarm is nice unit, it gives you the choice of changing polarity without using relay..

auto lock feature, you can disable that feature..
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 10:08 PM Wrote:your cousin??is he working at store??
code alarm is nice unit, it gives you the choice of changing polarity without using relay..

[right][snapback]257621[/snapback][/right]

i'm too lazy to take off the dash to get to the control unit... i need to replace my boost gauge but i'm so lazy.. haha :P
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 06:08 PM Wrote:your cousin??is he working at store??

[right][snapback]257621[/snapback][/right]

He's got his own shop.
which shop is it??
do they have website??
i might go there check it out
I have a Compustar remote Starter/Alarm(2WFMR)....love it. put it in neutral,set the ebrake and turn off the key and it is set. Never had a problem with and plus it come in handy with the cold weather we have in SK
compustar=nustart
yeah they are good unit as well..

only thing i dislike about mine is, i have to charge it like a cell phone..
it doesn't have battery that can be replaced..
konafocuswrc,Feb 7 2008, 10:39 PM Wrote:which shop is it??
do they have website??
i might go there check it out
[right][snapback]257632[/snapback][/right]

Soundwaves Car Audio
http://soundwavescaraudio.ca/