FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hawk Brake Pads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to invest in hawk hps front brake pads when my current stock brake pads need changing. They are just causing way too much dust brake and my stock but pretty 5 spoke rims are turning yellow.

Anyone know where i can get the hawk hps front brakes for a good price?? I've checked steeda but they sell em for $85. Most US sites sell it for around $60 and that's US dollars....so it's more like $52 cdn.

Looking for any other places that sell hawk hps brakes.
try and get them from mitch at zx3tuning if he is still alive

what rotors are you going to run?
take a look at the hawk ceramic pro pads as well. those should have even less dust and noise
thanks, i've given up on Mitch completely! He hardly ever replies or takes the time (but i guess its cuz he's a busy man) whenever i needed parts or needed to order anything. I won't bother to waste my time trying to call him or get anything from him. I think Mitch pretty much works with inside people and not very open to new customers cuz he's a busy man.

I want to stay away from ceramic pads cuz those will kill the rotors (Unless you buy high grade rotors too but I am using stock rotors....i just want to change the brake pads to a low dust brake pad and the HPS series are low brake dust and also gentle on rotors....i've heard nothing but good reviews about them).

i just bought some canadian tire ETC rotors. Monroe pads....and called it a day :)
I'd give RPM Motorsports a call. I just got front EBC pads/rotors (slotted/drilled) for $270 taxes incl. http://www.rpmmotorsports.ca
cornflakes,Nov 15 2007, 01:27 AM Wrote:I want to stay away from ceramic pads cuz those will kill the rotors (Unless you buy high grade rotors too but I am using stock rotors....i just want to change the brake pads to a low dust brake pad and the HPS series are low brake dust and also gentle on rotors....i've heard nothing but good reviews about them).
[right][snapback]252855[/snapback][/right]

i dont think you are thinking about the same kind of ceramic pad i am talking about

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?...ce+Ceramic+Pads

they supposedly have even lower dust than the hawk hps.

hawk hps is a good choice, just wanted to put the ceramics out there, because i believe they were cheaper than the hps