FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Splash Guards Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone installed splash guards (mud guards) on their Focus?
Is it a piece of cake?

I've ordered a set for my ZXW wagon. Does it require any drilling into the metal or just the wheel well coverning? (plastic I think).

Nutella,Oct 15 2007, 04:03 PM Wrote:Has anyone installed splash guards (mud guards) on their Focus? 
Is it a piece of cake?

I've ordered a set for my ZXW wagon. Does it require any drilling into the metal or just the wheel well coverning?  (plastic I think).
[right][snapback]251032[/snapback][/right]
Maybe a bit of topic, but where did you order from, and how much did you spend?
the ford ones are pretty easy with limited drilling, some of the after market you have to drill all the holes without any guides
I just installed some on the rear of my Focus, fronts coming this weekend hopefully.

Best tip I can give is have a buddy give you a hand, strictly for alignment purposes. Don't want them too crooked! :D

Ryan
imack,Oct 15 2007, 06:24 PM Wrote:
Nutella,Oct 15 2007, 04:03 PM Wrote:Has anyone installed splash guards (mud guards) on their Focus? 
Is it a piece of cake?

I've ordered a set for my ZXW wagon. Does it require any drilling into the metal or just the wheel well coverning?  (plastic I think).
[right][snapback]251032[/snapback][/right]
Maybe a bit of topic, but where did you order from, and how much did you spend?
[right][snapback]251034[/snapback][/right]

I think it was around $40+tax at the Ford dealer.
My cousin bought the Ford molded one for his '07 ST.
They fit on the front, but not on the back.
The rear SAP bumper has a wider wheel well lip, or something like that, so it don't fit.
I might get a pair for my front... they are hardly noticeable.