FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Body Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
[right][snapback]249390[/snapback][/right]

Dont do anything with Bondo. You'll need to weld to fix up the rust spots on your car. It wont be cheap.
what kind of body work??
Flofocus,Sep 24 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:Is there any good site that you guys would recommend for "HOW TO BODY WORK"?
[right][snapback]249390[/snapback][/right]

Dont do anything with Bondo. You'll need to weld to fix up the rust spots on your car. It wont be cheap.
[right][snapback]249401[/snapback][/right]

But why??? :( Why weld??
If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out. I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

I would say if theres any holes, that yeah you probably want to have them cut out and a new piece welded inplace, but I don't think any of your rust is that bad.
hardk0re,Sep 24 2007, 06:26 PM Wrote:If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out.  I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

I would say if theres any holes, that yeah you probably want to have them cut out and a new piece welded inplace, but I don't think any of your rust is that bad.
[right][snapback]249416[/snapback][/right]

I don't think it's that bad either....
focusonthis_88,Sep 25 2007, 08:22 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Sep 24 2007, 06:26 PM Wrote:If it is just surface rust that needs to be fixed, I would just grind it down provided there is still a good amount of metal there and use a thin coat of good quality body filler to smooth it out.  I'm leaving a few important steps out here ;)

[right][snapback]249416[/snapback][/right]

I don't think it's that bad either....
[right][snapback]249450[/snapback][/right]

on your hatch.,...it is that bad. Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly. Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler. Its cheap, but, always comes back.
Quote:on your hatch.,...it is that bad.  Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly.  Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler.  Its cheap, but, always comes back.

An accord...why am I not surprised... :P
Drivesthebeast,Sep 26 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:
Quote:on your hatch.,...it is that bad.  Body filler will only last a year before you need to cut it out and do it properly.  Trust me, I redo my accords rear 1/4 panels every year with fiberglass & body filler.  Its cheap, but, always comes back.

An accord...why am I not surprised... :P
[right][snapback]249624[/snapback][/right]

rust comes with owning hondas.