FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Xcal2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking of a XCAL2 purchase, but wondering if I would get my monies worth out of a basically stock engine.
Well, you have a custom air intake, but imo, it would not be worth it.
Get an exhaust and tb, then get a xcal2.

just my .02$
oldeguy,Sep 21 2007, 09:29 AM Wrote:Thinking of a XCAL2 purchase, but wondering if I would get my monies worth out of a basically stock engine.
[right][snapback]249234[/snapback][/right]

I ordered mine from WP Racing who offered my a 30 day money back warranty if I didn't like it.

Give him a call and discuss it with him. He is VERY knowledgeable on this subject and can offer you some recommendations.
Alec Brandon,Sep 21 2007, 02:31 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Sep 21 2007, 09:29 AM Wrote:Thinking of a XCAL2 purchase, but wondering if I would get my monies worth out of a basically stock engine.

I ordered mine from WP Racing who offered my a 30 day money back warranty if I didn't like it.

Give him a call and discuss it with him. He is VERY knowledgeable on this subject and can offer you some recommendations.
[right][snapback]249251[/snapback][/right]

Who/what/where?

Local?
Here's the thing when buying an Xcal2. What you're looking at is reprogramming the ECU for more power, versus the stock tune which is geared towards economy.

So you would notice a difference, even on a stock motor. However, the more changes that you make, the bigger the difference that there will actually be to notice.

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Sep 21 2007, 03:11 PM Wrote:

Who/what/where?

Local?
[right][snapback]249252[/snapback][/right]

Google is your friend... try it...
WP Racing
Wow i was just thinking about the same thing! my only question is there any negative problems with using it?I don't want to screw up my engine for a little more power :o
id say get at least full exhaust(header,flex,catback),intake and maybe then thinking of getting Xcal2

personaly im waiting till my cams are in

oh and Alec how hard was it for it to reach Joel from WP Racing?
NikiterZTS,Sep 22 2007, 12:00 AM Wrote:id say get at least full exhaust(header,flex,catback),intake    and maybe then thinking of getting Xcal2, personaly im waiting till my cams are in

[right][snapback]249286[/snapback][/right]

I just email Joel and we would pre-arrange time that I could call.
This guy is super busy.

Best part is though is that he doesn't lock the Xcal2 in any way.
He leaves the programming open for you to change it (if you have the know how, I don't)
He will give free updates as you request too.
Highly unlikely ... it takes special software to program the X-Cal - software only available to professional re-sellers.

The XCal2 however does come with some user changeable items such as low, mid and high RPM timing as well as minor adjustments of fuel at WOT; but these things are available to anyone regardless of where they buy the XCal.

I decided to go with FocusSport for my XCal because they have their own dyno and have a lot of experience with tuning Foci. I'm very happy with the two tunes I got from them - 91 and 94 octane.

In terms of a stock engine you will definitely feel an improvement in throttle response and some improvement in power - primarily because the XCal allows you to take advantage of a higher octane fuel. Anything else you do (just exhaust in my case) will increase the benefits.

But the question was "is it worth the money" - for me the $700 I spent on exhaust and XCal was definitely worth it.

Alec Brandon,Sep 22 2007, 08:09 AM Wrote:Best part is though is that he doesn't lock the Xcal2 in any way.
He leaves the programming open for you to change it (if you have the know how, I don't)
[right][snapback]249291[/snapback][/right]
Alec Brandon,Sep 21 2007, 05:17 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 21 2007, 03:11 PM Wrote:

Who/what/where?

Local?
[right][snapback]249252[/snapback][/right]

Google is your friend... try it...
WP Racing
[right][snapback]249260[/snapback][/right]

Nice attitude. I love it. :lol:

..and def not local. :(
Alec Brandon,Sep 22 2007, 07:09 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Sep 22 2007, 12:00 AM Wrote:id say get at least full exhaust(header,flex,catback),intake    and maybe then thinking of getting Xcal2, personaly im waiting till my cams are in

[right][snapback]249286[/snapback][/right]

I just email Joel and we would pre-arrange time that I could call.
This guy is super busy.

Best part is though is that he doesn't lock the Xcal2 in any way.
[right][snapback]249291[/snapback][/right]

he's gonna be doing some work for me in the future....but it is soooooo hard to get a hold of him