FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Xcal2 Received The Ecu Upgraded!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't beleive I finally did it.
My Focus is now upgraded with a 91 octane tune.
The instructions say to remove the fan fuse and starter fuse- but I couldn't get those buggers to come out so I upgraded it with them in (is this bad?).

I find the car pulls harder especially in the higher RPM band.
Anyone have an gas preferences? I usually go for Ultramar.
I find myself looking in surprise at how fast I'm going (there goes my mileage)

In theory there's always the chance that you could fry something when rewriting the ECU, which is why they recommend pulling the fuses (I never did, but I'm running a Duratec)

Yeah, with a 91 tune you have to be careful because 120 comes up a hell of a lot quicker than it does on the stock tune :lol:

I stick with Shell, mainly for the Air Miles, but I haven't had any issues yet..

NefCanuck
im thinking of ordering a "basic" tune from FocusSport for my mods....thats for now....cuz my install looks like its going to take longer then i thought

i think the tune gives some timming option,91 octane gas,no limitter and not sure what else....can't remember

how much would it cost me for a tune like that?

tried calling Randy but he's not there at the moment
NikiterZTS,Aug 15 2007, 11:11 AM Wrote:im thinking of ordering a "basic" tune from FocusSport for my mods....thats for now....cuz my install looks like its going to take longer then i thought

i think the tune gives some timming option,91 octane gas,no limitter and not sure what else....can't remember

how much would it cost me for a tune like that?

tried calling Randy but he's not there at the moment
[right][snapback]246775[/snapback][/right]

If you didn't buy the xcal2 from them, it's $100USD a tune.

I know that sounds harsh, but considering that they've done all the R&D they're entitled to make something on it when they aren't making a dime on the xcal2 (Buying an Xcal 2 from them, the tunes are only an additional $25USD)

For where you are Nik, just list off whatever mods you have done and they'll send you a program that takes them into account.

NefCanuck
sorry what kind of program is that? and what does it do?
NikiterZTS,Aug 15 2007, 11:22 AM Wrote:sorry what kind of program is that? and what does it do?
[right][snapback]246777[/snapback][/right]

Basically what FocusSport will send you is a file that will be VIN locked to your car that will contain the new ECU programming, with whatever options you asked for. You'll need the USB cable to get the program from your PC to the Xcal2.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 15 2007, 11:27 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 15 2007, 11:22 AM Wrote:sorry what kind of program is that? and what does it do?
[right][snapback]246777[/snapback][/right]

Basically what FocusSport will send you is a file that will be VIN locked to your car that will contain the new ECU programming, with whatever options you asked for. You'll need the USB cable to get the program from your PC to the Xcal2.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]246778[/snapback][/right]

yep i got all that....USB,Xcal2, some CD that came with Xcal2
so basicly i'll have to tell Randy what mods i have on the car and i want in my tune?
poor Alec, his threads are always getting jacked. :lol: :P
Congrats on your new "tune"
Let us know how your mileage gets affected ;)
Flofocus,Aug 15 2007, 01:03 PM Wrote:poor Alec, his threads are always getting jacked.  :lol:  :P
[right][snapback]246783[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for noticing! Everytime I go to check up on my posts, bang, hi jacked again... dam!
Alec Brandon,Aug 17 2007, 07:34 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 15 2007, 01:03 PM Wrote:poor Alec, his threads are always getting jacked.  :lol:  :P
[right][snapback]246783[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for noticing! Everytime I go to check up on my posts, bang, hi jacked again... dam!
[right][snapback]246939[/snapback][/right]

Sorry :(