FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Going To The Dealership Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, the time has come to get something new.

Was looking at the dealership the other day with NOS at a 07 SES Black Hatch. Same as what he got cept it has a manual gearbox and a power moonroof. I was thinking about an ST, but I'd rather get this now, and throw in a 2.3 later perhaps.

I'm pretty excited bout this, my first manual tranny. It's gonna be weird, but I'll get used to it.

As for my Gold SPI, she's gonna stay with me for a winter/backup vehicle. I just can't seem to part ways with it, runs too good, looks great, plus the dealership isn't giving me good cash on the trade. A private sale would happen, but I'm not worried about that for now.

:D
Congratulations on deciding to stay "Focused" when buying your next car :P

First manual tranny? :blink: sure you don't wanna rent a car with a manual tranny for a week first to practice on? :lol:

NefCanuck
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2007, 08:45 AM Wrote:Was looking at the dealership the other day with NOS at a 07 SES Black Hatch.  Same as what he got cept it has a manual gearbox and a power moonroof.  I was thinking about an ST, but I'd rather get this now, and throw in a 2.3 later perhaps.
Sounds good. Are you aware of the Ambassador program? Myself, Meford, Sparky or any Ford employee can get you an additonal $500 off a new Focus?
Someone correct me on the amount if I'm wrong. I got $1150 off my mothers Focus but that was for family. The Ambassador is for friends/neighbours and even people I've never met. B)
Just to be clear ... the Ambassador Program applies only to friends or neighbours who currently own a non-Ford product ... and that assumes they aren't otherwise eligible to have your A-Plan deal transfered to them.

CanadaSVT,Aug 9 2007, 10:10 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2007, 08:45 AM Wrote:Was looking at the dealership the other day with NOS at a 07 SES Black Hatch.  Same as what he got cept it has a manual gearbox and a power moonroof.  I was thinking about an ST, but I'd rather get this now, and throw in a 2.3 later perhaps.
Sounds good. Are you aware of the Ambassador program? Myself, Meford, Sparky or any Ford employee can get you an additonal $500 off a new Focus?
Someone correct me on the amount if I'm wrong. I got $1150 off my mothers Focus but that was for family. The Ambassador is for friends/neighbours and even people I've never met. B)
[right][snapback]246213[/snapback][/right]
i say get 2.3L now........
oh and just a reminder, there's a black 4 door hatch SVTF with Mach1 head lights for sale in Barrie at Ford's dealership.....im not sure about the price but get 3 of the best worlds :)...hatch,4 doors,SVT drive train :)
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2007, 09:47 AM Wrote:Congratulations on deciding to stay "Focused" when buying your next car :P

First manual tranny? :blink: sure you don't wanna rent a car with a manual tranny for a week first to practice on? :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]246210[/snapback][/right]

Well, renting a car is about 300.00 to 400.00 per week. Not something I can afford ATM.

Talked to the old man a few min ago, he says I should for sure test drive it to see if I like the manual.
how would you NOT like the manual!!!?!?!?!? :P :lol:
Congratulations on your new vehicle, and still Focused! Black, it'll need a tint B)
Let me know when you get it plated and insured so we can get it away from the dealer without much grief :D
My cousin purchased a manual transmission car for the first time after years of automatics. He said it was a little hairy for the first week driving, but after that he said that it became second nature and would not go back to automatics.
just to point this out not many car rental places have 5 speed trannys, as it's easier for them to get autos, as then they don't have to wory about having some idiot killing the clutch on them.

as for the new Focus good choice but I will point out that black is hard to keep clean, you'll be noticing the dust build up on it after a few hours go by along with all scraches, dints, and door dings.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2007, 11:39 AM Wrote:Let me know when you get it plated and insured so we can get it away from the dealer without much grief :D
[right][snapback]246231[/snapback][/right]

K we swap. You drive the stick, I drive your super auto! :D
They're doing the credit check as we speak. Should hear from them before the end of the day.

I'm shaking... :unsure:
Frost__2001,Aug 9 2007, 12:10 PM Wrote:black is hard to keep clean,
[right][snapback]246242[/snapback][/right]
Atleast it's not a gold cdan! :lol:
meford4u,Aug 9 2007, 03:09 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Aug 9 2007, 12:10 PM Wrote:black is hard to keep clean,
[right][snapback]246242[/snapback][/right]
Atleast it's not a gold cdan! :lol:
[right][snapback]246277[/snapback][/right]

Oh I'm going to enjoy seeing you eat a nerf bat this weekend. :lol:
So the test drive went fine, I guess.

First I tried it on soft dirt, stalled it. Second time, little jerkyness but she went and shifted to second no problem.

Bombing up the highway was fun, had a hard time shifting to 5th, but that's because its in an odd spot.

Just a question tho, you can't shift from 5th to reverse by accident can you?
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:So the test drive went fine, I guess.

First I tried it on soft dirt, stalled it.  Second time, little jerkyness but she went and shifted to second no problem.

Bombing up the highway was fun, had a hard time shifting to 5th, but that's because its in an odd spot.

Just a question tho, you can't shift from 5th to reverse by accident can you?
[right][snapback]246285[/snapback][/right]

Nope, you've got the reverse lockout collar on that stock gearshift. It requires you to deliberately lift the shift knob in order to get it to go into reverse, so unless you have a brain fart the size of the Hiroshima mushroom cloud, ain't gonna happen :cool: :lol:

NefCanuck
"Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you just fried!" :lol: :lol:

Just remember the 5,000 KM break-in period ;)
Hmmm ... don't think so ... at least mine doesn't. All my earlier Focus up to '04 did, but my '07 doesn't. Nonetheless, I've never had any problems with the 5/4 shift going into reverse.

NefCanuck,Aug 9 2007, 04:02 PM Wrote:Nope, you've got the reverse lockout collar on that stock gearshift.  It requires you to deliberately lift the shift knob in order to get it to go into reverse, so unless you have a brain fart the size of the Hiroshima mushroom cloud, ain't gonna happen :cool: :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]246290[/snapback][/right]
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:Just a question tho, you can't shift from 5th to reverse by accident can you?
[right][snapback]246285[/snapback][/right]

It's pretty much impossible to do. (I just tried it out in the parking lot)

You can't go straight down from 5th to reverse. As you pull down from 5th it heads back to neutral. You can't even force towards reverse even with the lockout ring pull up!

To get into reverse the gear lever has to start from Neutral.
Pages: 1 2