FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Swap Anyone? 2003 Focus Zx5 Dohc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2003 Black Focus ZX5 DOHC, Grey interior with all the options but leather. Sunroof, heated seats, heated mirrors, CD, a/c and so on....

I am the 2nd owner and work for a Ford Dealer in Parts. The car is in excellent condition
and Always maintained. She is a 5spd and I love it... However the wife will not try to learn to drive it and I have a new born on the way in four months. I would just like to do a straight swap for an Automatic Focus if any one is interested moving to a nice 5spd ZX5

I would like a Focus of Equal value for this trade. My Car would be fully cert and e-tested.

I find this easier then having to sell it and then buy another lol

If you would like some pictures or to talk more about it.. please email me at

jason_macdonald@rogers.com or hotmail macd12@hotmail.com

Thank you
Im going to keep this open since its a straight up trade here and you need some help with a new born on the way and all. I understand how you feel to...Im trying to get rid of that 'new car bug' the wife has and let her drive my focus but she freezes everytime we get out of the schools parking lot and on a public road with other cars...she doesnt like manuals!!

That and the fact that a lot of guys with Auto's probaly regretted their desision if they plan on modding! :P :lol:

FYI, it may get closed because you dont have 100 posts. I'll let the admin make that desision.
haha, i feel your pain bro. I was there 2 years ago. Wife refused to drive stick. So i had to change my ZX3 for an Auto one.

Good Luck
are you looking for trade whole car??or transmission itself??
if you can do swap my auto trans to your manual trans, then i m the one who wants manual so bad..
your wife doesn't want to drive stick....easy solution.....get a new wife...you know what they say about ladies who drive stick.......they can drive stick
the thing is I take it this is your first child? if so you should get a sedan or a wagon as a replacement over the ZX5 as I can honestly tell you that you'll have little to no room in the ZX5 for all the baby stuff when you are going places, I have 4 nephews and all the stuff they used to need fit perfectly in to the trunk of my sedans with a little bit of room left over for things like groceries, or other things that you might buy on an outing.

Someone a while ago posted something asking if a ZX5 would meet the needs of a newborn in a up and coming family and I pointed out the same conclusions on the ZX5 and they went with something else in the end. As for the Automatic you should point out to your wife she should learn how to as reality is it's cheaper to run a car with 5 speed then auto.
Frost__2001,Aug 4 2007, 04:46 PM Wrote:as reality is it's cheaper to run a car with 5 speed then auto.
[right][snapback]245745[/snapback][/right]

I had a whack typed for this but whatever. An auto is more initially but it's cheaper in the long-run because it's cheaper to flush/fill an auto than it is to replace a clutch.

Good luck in your search and good luck with the new addition to the family! Hopefully you'll take up residence here with the rest of us nutbars! :D
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2007, 09:50 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Aug 4 2007, 04:46 PM Wrote:as reality is it's cheaper to run a car with 5 speed then auto.

I had a whack typed for this but whatever. An auto is more initially but it's cheaper in the long-run because it's cheaper to flush/fill an auto than it is to replace a clutch.

[right][snapback]245765[/snapback][/right]

I've owned and driven standard transmission cars for almost 30 years, and I've never had to replace a clutch. :iono:
dBlast,Aug 5 2007, 04:01 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2007, 09:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]245765[/snapback][/right]

I've owned and driven standard transmission cars for almost 30 years, and I've never had to replace a clutch. :iono:
[right][snapback]245787[/snapback][/right]

I've never had to replace the clutch in any of my cars with 5 speed. it's about a 10%-15% increase in the CAFE, even the Government says so, along with the MPG written on the sticker of a new car. Plus if you know how to drive a stick you can drive just about anything. Also I Know this as I've had an Auto and a 5 Speed Focus.
I've replaced the clutch/or clutch component (master cylinder, etc) in almost everycar Ive owned.