FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Accident Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well the wierdesyt thing happened today. I was driving to pick the wife up from work.....doing about 50 km/hr when all of a sudden I hear a clunking noise and whammo, the rim flew off my car and I was driving on the rotor. when the car came to a stop, I checked it out and surprisingly, not too much damage. I need to get a fender and had to get new studs and nuts.....other than that, it came out pretty good....lol
lol quite interesting.
your probably gonna need a rim aswell .. the bolt holes are probably twice the size they were before
All your studs snapped????
Who installed thed rims, you or a company?
man that sucks , that almost happend to my sister she calls me and ask me to check her car cuz it was making noises , I messed around with a few things to see where th noise was coming from !
I took the wheel lug nut cover off and only one bolt was tight the rest I took off with my hands .
Good thing no one was hurt but yeah did someone change a tire recently? Because that's the only thing I can see that would account for a wheel deciding to go its own way, bolts not tightened to spec.

NefCanuck
:blink: yeah...give more details. Thats scary.
I once has someone try to steal my rims on one of my other cars -- but they couldn't get the wheel lock off. Drove 1/4 of a block on just the lock before I heard the rim squeeking and stopped to check.
yeah , if I get rims there will be 4 locking nuts , and one of the four will be of a different set , steal my rims now lol
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 10:56 AM Wrote:yeah , if I get rims there will be 4 locking nuts , and one of the four will be of a different set , steal my rims now lol
[right][snapback]243726[/snapback][/right]
4 locks is not a good idea. Especially when you're stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and a broken key.

Locks only deter the amateur thief.
/\/\/\ Agreed
Thats why you carry more than one lock
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Thats why you carry more than one lock
[right][snapback]243731[/snapback][/right]

These keys are usualy in the car, so what stopping them of getting in the car and getting the key!?!
One keyed nut per wheel should be enough. If they realy want the wheels, they'll get 'em no matter what.

my .02$
zx5power,Jul 11 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Thats why you carry more than one lock
[right][snapback]243731[/snapback][/right]

You dont need a lock to take them off. ;)

Like its been mentioned, they will only stop an amateur thief.
Mason,Jul 11 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:All your studs snapped????
[right][snapback]243691[/snapback][/right]

A shop did it and they already took responsibility for it... They were over tightened. When the studs broke off, the nuts were still on them.....I found three of them on the side of the road.....I still cant believe that the rotor was okay....
i'm glad you are ok. that could have turned out really nasty
redZX3,Jul 12 2007, 07:54 PM Wrote:
Mason,Jul 11 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:All your studs snapped????
[right][snapback]243691[/snapback][/right]

A shop did it and they already took responsibility for it... They were over tightened. When the studs broke off, the nuts were still on them.....I found three of them on the side of the road.....I still cant believe that the rotor was okay....
[right][snapback]243864[/snapback][/right]

was it Hector's shop ? :lol: :lol:

im glad ur alright buddy
No it wasnt H's shop.....It could have been worse....the night before I was on the 401, had to drive to the east side of Toronto and back again....I am sooooo glad it didnt happen there
Wow, that's crazy... they must have massively overtightened them!
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2007, 07:46 AM Wrote:Wow, that's crazy... they must have massively overtightened them!
[right][snapback]243882[/snapback][/right]
Thats what happens when you have some 16 year old brat using the impact on the highest setting putting your bolts back on. :rolleyes:

Pages: 1 2