FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I visited the mbrp site to see what they offered for my '07 Focus ST and found nothing :(

So, I decided to call and ask them directly incase their website was not up to date.
Well, to my surprise, a lovely women told me they are working on a new 2.5" catback and probably a 2.25" catback :)

She said it "might" be available within a month! If so, I truly beleive I'll be getting this and a SRI for my ST. I just hope they have a good introductory price :) Maybe we could get a group buy on the 2.5" ;)
So you spoke to Lorraine eh? I'm the test-mule for the 2.5". I'm on-call for them whenever they're ready to go.

I have a 2nd cat-back (the secondary one under the car, not the manicat) right now... and you can order one of those immediately if you want. It works great and sounds even better.

Also, besides the 2.5" test, it'll be a cat-delete system that bolts directly to the end of the flex.
Yup, that was her ;)
Directly to the end of the flex??? So we'll have just one cat in place?
This would be great. Hope it doesn't make it overly loud!
So, what kind of flex would I need? guessing the 2.5" right? lol. Where is it avail.?
I thought I had read somewhere about someone beeing the tester.
I did not remember it was here.

You have a 2.0, right?

I emailed them wanting to be their 2.3 tester ;)

Cheers

It's all the same so far as engines go and pipe lengths.

You could do just fine with a 2.25" exhaust (cat-back or flex-back), but some have said they've gained a few more ponies with the 2.5".

No, the flex that runs down off the manicat to where it bolts to the 2nd cat stays. The stock flex is just fine for that purpose, even when adding the 2.5" exhaust.

I've been posting on FF and FJ, helping them out where I can. If they get this right (which I think they will), they'll have the best Focus exhaust solutions out there - cat-maintain and cat-delete systems in 2.25", 2.5" and possibly special-order 3" systems.

The Duratec isn't going away in the Focus (not yet, anyways), so even the fugly 2008 series will have some neat options. I have a feeling more than a few Ricer Nation... I mean Civic Nation folks who are disenfranchised with the lack of torque may come over when the coupe is launched.

Here's hoping they make a ST version for the new owners!