FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got those plastic mud flaps on the rear wheels, and I'm curious if removing them would reduce the Drag Co-efficient?
oldeguy,Jun 14 2007, 09:07 AM Wrote:I've got those plastic mud flaps on the rear wheels, and I'm curious if removing them would reduce the Drag Co-efficient?
[right][snapback]241353[/snapback][/right]

Drag as in slowing you down?....or drag as in me and Meford in your back seat?

Please say it ain't so.

Drag, I can confidently say is NOT an issue in these cars :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:Drag as in slowing you down?....or drag as in me and Meford in your back seat?
[right][snapback]241355[/snapback][/right]
So many tangents, but I just don't have the heart.

:ph34r:
the difference in drag by removing them would be inmeasurable
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 14 2007, 09:07 AM Wrote:I've got those plastic mud flaps on the rear wheels, and I'm curious if removing them would reduce the Drag Co-efficient?
[right][snapback]241353[/snapback][/right]
or drag as in me and Meford in your back seat?
[right][snapback]241355[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say "which one's wearing the dress" but apparently you both are! :lol: :ph34r:

Mudflaps don't cause drag... ex-girlfriends cause drag (and heartburn, nausea). The Focus is a very clean-flowing body shape... there isn't much you could do to it to decrease the cd (Co-Efficient of Drag).
For the correct answer yes it would make a difference but for you to actually feel the difference or 2 c it on a 1/4 mile is probally very slim
if you really wanna cut down on drag, take off the rear bumper :P
kamilk69,Jun 23 2007, 01:21 PM Wrote:if you really wanna cut down on drag, take off the rear bumper :P
[right][snapback]242191[/snapback][/right]

and front! just like yourself :D
NikiterZTS,Jun 24 2007, 08:45 PM Wrote:
kamilk69,Jun 23 2007, 01:21 PM Wrote:if you really wanna cut down on drag, take off the rear bumper :P
[right][snapback]242191[/snapback][/right]

and front! just like yourself :D
[right][snapback]242229[/snapback][/right]

no keep the front, without the front its basically a large brick pushing through the air, the front pushes the air away smoothly.

and i actually have my front on now. WOOW movin on up.