FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Long Tube Header - Heat Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was bored allot today, still working on the tune for my car with Randy so i've spent way too much time thinking of stuff to do that didn't cost anything...also being broke :P

Made up this heat shield for the header, I think it should help stop some of the heat comming up from the headers since my intake is right above the engine.

[Image: header_cover.jpg]
aren't your headers wrapped already?

I'd go without the heat shield .. looks alot better when you can see the headers
still radiates a ton of heat, even wrapped and ceramic coated.
I like it. It matches my floor mats. :D
It would look good in my car too. Hardkore, are you getting the hint?
what is that big log right behind the cone filter?
naz,Jun 8 2007, 01:37 PM Wrote:what is that big log right behind the cone filter?
[right][snapback]240932[/snapback][/right]

PWR intercooler barrel.
hardk0re,Jun 8 2007, 08:00 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 8 2007, 01:37 PM Wrote:what is that big log right behind the cone filter?
[right][snapback]240932[/snapback][/right]

PWR intercooler barrel.
[right][snapback]240946[/snapback][/right]

that is really interesting! how does it work? I'm used to IC have fins and stuff and looking more like

[Image: 112_0306_Engz_Road_Test+2003_Prodrive_Su...e_View.jpg]

is that an air/water IC?
It is air/water. I've got the 8" IC barrel, then a pump that pumps the coolant/water mix from a resevoir through a front mount heat exchanger and up through the barrel and back into the resevoir.

looks good and it keeps heat down good job .
The only sad part of that setup is that your air filter is way uptop and inhaling lots of heat...
Unless you have a hood scoop to feed it fresher air?

P.S. ... I'd still like to have that setup anytime :P