FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Focus Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I got this Wings West three piece mid wing today and I am fairly excited about getting put on the ZX3. I was wondering if I can do something like this myself? And if so what am I looking at as far as prep and painting? Or should I go to the Ford dealer ship to get it painted? Or an auto body shop?
[Image: DSC00448.jpg]
I never liked the look of those wings on the focus... they look so Rice-ish on the hatches...almost like a Civic want to be, no offence.
I had one on my car for a while until I sold it to Bort. I had the bodyshop at the dealership paint and install it.. You can attach it all with double sided tape, but the dealership guy told me they had installed a couple on some cars on the lot and they'd fall off in the winter (but I guess if you're in BC you don't need to worry about cold winters).

They actually drilled the hatch and ran 2 bolts on each side of the big piece as well as the tape, and they used some kind of glue on the side pieces. It just makes it a lot more expensive to remove if you ever want to..
guilty,May 12 2007, 12:03 AM Wrote:I had one on my car for a while until I sold it to Bort.  I had the bodyshop at the dealership paint and install it.. You can attach it all with double sided tape, but the dealership guy told me they had installed a couple on some cars on the lot and they'd fall off in the winter (but I guess if you're in BC you don't need to worry about cold winters).

They actually drilled the hatch and ran 2 bolts on each side of the big piece as well as the tape, and they used some kind of glue on the side pieces.  It just makes it a lot more expensive to remove if you ever want to..
[right][snapback]238160[/snapback][/right]

Well the guy I got it from said it was a pain in the ass trying to get it off. So I don't think I will have a problem with it falling off. :lol:
I love that wing!
Whatever you do, make sure the glass in the photo is still full...............
:lol:
oldeguy,May 12 2007, 03:14 AM Wrote:Whatever you do, make sure the glass in the photo is still full...............
:lol:
[right][snapback]238174[/snapback][/right]

Man since after that photo I have been drinking those all day! Yay for 4 days off!
I love teh yards!
The wing is cool too. Gives you a shelf to put your beers!
hardk0re,May 11 2007, 10:29 PM Wrote:I love that wing!
[right][snapback]238170[/snapback][/right]

Same here, I've always loved the mid wing look! Nice choice!
Yeah some people say it looks rice but I think it really takes hatch and gives it a nice looking edge while maintaining its curves. Now actually getting to painting and install thats what I need help on.
SmokeBCBuDZ,May 12 2007, 12:59 PM Wrote:Yeah some people say it looks rice but I think it really takes hatch and gives it a nice looking edge while maintaining its curves. Now actually getting to painting and install thats what I need help on.
[right][snapback]238228[/snapback][/right]

I got mine drilled on. If I would redo it I would tapes it we really good 2 way tape. You can always take it off if you don't like it and if you don't install it right you can always redo it. I regret drilling mine. DON"T DRILL!!!!