FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Dropped It Like Its Hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well not really but i did lower it.....maybe i should of went with 2" drop....but i still love how it hadles now
i heard after a week it should be a lil lower...we'll see :ph34r:

KW springs 1.6"
KYB AGX strut/shocks

[Image: P1010001-4.jpg]
[Image: P1010002-4.jpg]
[Image: P1010005-2.jpg]
[Image: P1010006-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010007-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010008-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010009-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010010-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010011-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010012-3.jpg]
[Image: P1010013-3.jpg]
Front
[Image: P1010004-3.jpg]
Back
[Image: P1010003-4.jpg]
[Image: P1010014-3.jpg]

Before
[Image: Picture229.jpg]
[Image: Picture230.jpg]
[Image: Picture231.jpg]
nice...it will settle but dont expect to go down dramatically or anything.

Those houses look like mine from the side!
That's lowered?

Are those 17" rims?

hmmm.

Give it 24 hours, it'll settle out another 1/4"

Looks good Nik.

for a sedan <_<
looks the same to me.... :iono:
Looks good Nik...........

for a sedan :P
Looking good Nik, lower than my knee would like, but I bet it'll outhandle mine now n/p...

Unless I give in to that shoulder devil that keeps saying "SVT suspension conversion" :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Looks sharp! By the way I see your grill doesn't have front turn signals is that legal? I also have those exact same springs which I am installing tomorrow. :lol:
I love how it handled....we took that turn onto hwy24 like an out of control rocket and it took it pretty damn good....
ANTHONYD,May 2 2007, 07:21 PM Wrote:That's lowered?

Are those 17" rims?

hmmm.

Looks good Nik.

for a sedan  <_<
[right][snapback]237147[/snapback][/right]

I'm guessing that Nik has a 40 series tire on those 17s. If the width is 205 then that combination will look like it doesn't fill the wheel, unless you drop it 2".

A 205/45/17 tire will better fill the wheel well with a 1.6" drop. Or a wider tire in a 40 series will give more overall diameter.
dBlast,May 2 2007, 09:15 PM Wrote:

Are those 17" rims?

hmmm.

Looks good Nik.

for a sedan  <_<

I'm guessing that Nik has a 40 series tire on those 17s. If the width is 205 then that combination will look like it doesn't fill the wheel, unless you drop it 2".

A 205/45/17 tire will better fill the wheel well with a 1.6" drop. Or a wider tire in a 40 series will give more overall diameter.
[right][snapback]237170[/snapback][/right]

yes you're correct i have 205/40 R17

and yes im already thinking of swapping tires prob to 215/45......what do you think?
Looks great Nik. Good job on the install. Did you do it yourself? I need to get my springs in ASAP. With all this nice weather I am getting the modding itch.
You could easily go 215-45 ... I have that size on my ST200s and they look great and fit perfectly.

NikiterZTS,May 2 2007, 10:24 PM Wrote:
dBlast,May 2 2007, 09:15 PM Wrote:

Are those 17" rims?

hmmm.

Looks good Nik.

for a sedan  <_<

[right][snapback]237170[/snapback][/right]

yes you're correct i have 205/40 R17

and yes im already thinking of swapping tires prob to 215/45......what do you think?
[right][snapback]237173[/snapback][/right]
the whole burnout then popping the tires aint that special.

my focus could do that np

its looking alot better nik, i think if you had a larger profile tire it would fill out the space nicer.
Focus man, Focus.,May 2 2007, 10:05 PM Wrote:Looks great Nik.  Good job on the install.  Did you do it yourself?  I need to get my springs in ASAP.  With all this nice weather I am getting the modding itch.
[right][snapback]237179[/snapback][/right]

OMG no...and thank God i didn't start doing at home even though i was close of doing it....it had soooo many rusted/seized nuts and bolts, even air tools had problems unbolting hardware.....me and redzx3 were just laughing at the buddy at the shop when he had so much problems with it.....he kept reapeting "Wow this job so not worth that money!!".....well it did worth it for me.....$170 after tax
No one here appreciates a good job anymore.
I think it looks great, very clean drop, lines of the car are very nice.
Nice, finally got a drop and looks good :)

Next tire I get will be 215/40/17. I have some rubbing issues I don't like with the 215/45's. That and the 40's are 3 pounds lighter..lol

NikiterZTS,May 3 2007, 12:13 AM Wrote:Ztw, i know i've seen you photo of your rims with rubber, do u think u can post it again?  i just wanna have a visual
[right][snapback]237186[/snapback][/right]
[Image: 100_2150.jpg]
[Image: 100_2151.jpg]
[Image: 100_2152.jpg]

02ztsian

Looks good Nik-nice work. I would go 215/40 next. Medford-meh. He just like's the attention.
NikiterZTS,May 3 2007, 12:33 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 2 2007, 10:05 PM Wrote:Looks great Nik.  Good job on the install.  Did you do it yourself?  I need to get my springs in ASAP.  With all this nice weather I am getting the modding itch.
[right][snapback]237179[/snapback][/right]

OMG no...and thank God i didn't start doing at home even though i was close of doing it....it had soooo many rusted/seized nuts and bolts, even air tools had problems unbolting hardware.....me and redzx3 were just laughing at the buddy at the shop when he had so much problems with it.....he kept reapeting "Wow this job so not worth that money!!".....well it did worth it for me.....$170 after tax
[right][snapback]237189[/snapback][/right]

I had the same issue.

I almost stripped one of the bolts so bad we couldn't do the job. The rubber bushing was so tight it was crumbling in my hand as we spun the bolt.

The place I had it done was great. THey compressed the rear springs bfore they put them in.

They were done the whole car in under an hour.

As the owner of a stock sedan, I appreciate when I see another sedan that has been given some modifications. Regarding "Nik's" car, lowering the car is a good idea, for handling purposes. Getting a bigger tire with more sidewall,forgive me, but the terminology escapes me at the moment, would make "Nik's" car look even better. I've been reading the progress on this car since I joined, and would, if I could afford it, be doing some of the same modifications. I'm beginning to get the idea that modifying cars is never finished. Good job "Nik"

Having said this, a couple of things we have to remember is that it shouldn't matter what type of Focus, or for that matter, car, our members have, and it seems there are quite a few who no longer have, or have never had a Focus, we all have a "passion" for the cars we are driving and whether or not we agree with another members modification, at least give the member some credit for doing a job, and doing it without making it unsafe or gaudy. Nik's enthusiasm for his modifications is refreshing and shouldn't be doused. I have the possibilty of obtaining a spoiler from a Honda, which, if it fits will be put on. Will I get the same critique, because the spoiler isn't a standard Focus mod?
Pages: 1 2