FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Super Cities Walk For Ms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my fiance works for the Multiple Sclerosis Society here in Windsor, and today they had their annual fund raising walk. A couple thousand people came out and walked the course and helped raise over $100,000. It was early, cold, and did I mention early. We had to be there just after 8 this morning, and man, the wind coming off of the river was damn cold. This walk had a 2km, 5km, and the 10km course, with check points ant the end of each leg. Feeling energetic I decided to walk the whole course, at the half way point I felt even stupider, and jogged the rest of the way. My legs are killing me :banghead: what a dumb idea it was.

Because of the job my fiance posseses, i see how many people have MS, and feel fortunate the I am healthy, and am able to do things without the aid of wheelchairs, and or walkers, etc, Simple things that some of those who have MS have a hard time doing, or can't at all.

All in all it was a great event. I didn't realize how many people would actually come out in support this cause. Kind of makes me feel proud for going and doing the whole thing.

Anywho, here is a link for those who want more info on what MS and the walk is all about
MS Website

Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
oldeguy,Apr 16 2007, 05:33 AM Wrote:Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
[right][snapback]234869[/snapback][/right]

How long has she been living with it.

laidman,Apr 16 2007, 09:12 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Apr 16 2007, 05:33 AM Wrote:Thanks for your support. My wife has MS and it's a real sh@#$$y disease. Let your fiancee know that she is doing good work for a good cause.
[right][snapback]234869[/snapback][/right]

How long has she been living with it.
[right][snapback]235025[/snapback][/right]
Symptoms for the last 25 years, off and on. Officially diagnosed in 1996.