FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried to bold the 2.5" MBRP exhaust to a stock (non-SVT) focus?

I will definately be ordering a MBRP exhaust and need to know if I go for the slightly bigger diameter is any modifications will be need due to the size increase.
Just call them and ask them directly. Ask for Lorraine, she's the sport compact advisor. Jeff's good too, he's on their SEMA team.
You really don't need 2 1/2 unless your going FI. 2 1/4 does me just fine for my ZX3.
i've just bolted it up when i installed..not too much to it...
smith21,Apr 9 2007, 07:14 PM Wrote:i've just bolted it up when i installed..not too much to it...
[right][snapback]234007[/snapback][/right]
Did u bolt a MBRP 2.5" (SVT) exhaust to a standard Focus (2.25" )?

I email Lorraine to ask her and she didn't know. She said they have never tested that setup to seee if it would match up.

BTW, I am original from Sudbury :blink: , grew up in the Valley, have been in Ottawa now for 7 years...
Actually, the Duratecs seem to gain nicely over the 2.25" with the 2.5" exhaust. I wish I had known this before buying the 2.25" as I would have bought the larger exhaust.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 10 2007, 02:04 PM Wrote:Actually, the Duratecs seem to gain nicely over the 2.25" with the 2.5" exhaust. I wish I had known this before buying the 2.25" as I would have bought the larger exhaust.
[right][snapback]234065[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but he doesn't have a Duratec. :P
i have 2.5" MBRP, i could feel that i lost some backpressure..
anyway, after getting all svt setup, now seems like they are good..
but i did this because i m getting FI later.