FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cracked Thermostat Housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well nothing like a cracked thermostat housing to kill your buzz on a good header install. God damn repairs cost more than the header and flex. Oh well, it could have been worse I guess.
way to go!!!!! :P
I just replaced my T-stat housing a month ago. Its not a bad job. If you're down coolant already you can change it without draining the rest of the system.

Good Luck
Yeah its not expensive, I think it was around 40 to 50 for the housing and 17 for the stat, i changed mine while back and as Habman said you dont have to drain the whole thing.
Well I didn't have time to do it myself today and I need my car tomorrow for training. So I took it to Canadian Tire its fixed and over with. Plastic...why?
SmokeBCBuDZ,Mar 20 2007, 10:01 PM Wrote:Well I didn't have time to do it myself today and I need my car tomorrow for training. So I took it to Canadian Tire its fixed and over with. Plastic...why?
[right][snapback]231390[/snapback][/right]

if you break another one I have a couple.. :rolleyes:
apparently the contour thermo housing fits up perfectly and isnt made out of plastic like the focus 1? anyone know anything bout this? cause i had mine replaced under warrany 6 months back and was wondering this.
Yeah, the ford contour sport had a zetec in it , and thats the thermostat housing you want.... :) Ive not had a problem with mine since
had replace mine at some point....if i only knew what was the problem i would of done it myself.......they should really put a recall on that one
Was this a simple Zetec problem or did it still haunt the duratecs ? ill try remember this.
im pretty sure its only on Zetec engines
Well the housing is plastic so I can see it doing it again.