FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Think I Know Whats Replacing The Focus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just got an email announcing the volvo's c30 pricing. Im actually surprised...thought they were gonna start out at 34-36k....

2.4L 168hp starts at 27k
2.5LT 218hp starts at 32k

http://www.volvocanada.com/Showroom/2007/C...pecs.aspx?lng=2

Doesnt look like awd is an option :(
wonder how much they will give me for my focus???

damnit that sport package is $3400!!!
I don't know man... 218BHP for $32Gs? My initial knee-jerk reaction is to get a 5-door GTI for $32Gs including the 6-speed DSG. The Volvo has more torque, but the VW... I'd really love to see a comparo between the two, or at least comparable numbers.
I like the look of them but Volvo's are pricey, not to mention adding taxes, paint colour fees and any other options your adding to it... and well it might as well be $40,000 if your going for the more loaded version.
i need to drive all 4 cars in that price range and see which i like best

WRX
GTI
MS3
C30 T5
Get the Volvo. Closest thing to a Mk. 2 Focus.
I think the GTI is ugly, and who really cares about dsg. And your truly not going to enjoy something if you think its ugly.

I certainly wouldnt be buying new. Probably something with 40k on it already. Its a hatch, which is big for me....I love hatchs. over 200hp, which is nice, I was expecting the turbo model to be closer to 240-250ish hp, but I can deal with anything over 200....but its pretty heavy to. :blink:

Bah, I'll change my mind next month. :lol: :rolleyes:

When I do go looking, it will be compared to a few cars.
wait for the C30 R im sure its coming, itll be the same as the New RS thats rumored to be coming out in europe!! 300 hp awd probly the same set up as the S60 R
Hrm, dressed up the C30 the way I would need it... $34,500 out the door :blink: ($1,500 for the slushbox alone <_<)

Nice looking car though

NefCanuck
I dunno it's one of these or mitsubishi EVO X that's my next car... either way I'm gonna wait till there out for a year and pick it up off a lease return...
My 2 cents, would rather buy something else. Doesnt stand out expecially for 32g's.
02_svt_guy,Mar 9 2007, 07:12 AM Wrote:My 2 cents,  would rather buy something else. Doesnt stand out expecially for 32g's.
[right][snapback]229459[/snapback][/right]

im with ya
I wonder what thats worth on the ford A plan? Another option for me this summer perhaps
You don't like the MazdaSpeed3? Under $31,000 with 263 hp & 280 lbf·ft

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/1172...pecs-page4.html
I'm sorry.. I loved the volvos until I tried sitting in them at the autoshow...

Any car that has less interior room than a miata is definitely out of my good books.

I don't know how they managed it, but those cars are made for midgets... if you have shoulders, or a beer belly, don't even think about it.

yes, the new mx-5 was easier to fit in than the volvo s40
So I'm going Miata-hunting in a couple of years when I'm looking for a properly-handling tourer?

I don't know how you can knock on the DSG like that without having either tried it or checked the performance specs, Nate.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 9 2007, 10:32 AM Wrote:So I'm going Miata-hunting in a couple of years when I'm looking for a properly-handling tourer?

I don't know how you can knock on the DSG like that without having either tried it or checked the performance specs, Nate.
[right][snapback]229474[/snapback][/right]

I've driven plenty of these setups Adam.

From what ive read dsg is the VW's triptronic version right? It can be on the shifter like +/- or on the steering wheel....correct me if Im wrong.

I dont like those systems. Granted now...if it came down to it, Auto vs dsg, Id take the dsg. Now if it was manual vs dsg, manual all the way. My father has the triptronic on his Jetta (dont think its dsg, its an 05 jetta), and its nothing to brag about. Yeah, throwing the controls on the streering wheel would make it 'neet' but wouldnt really impress me. It works, and it works well, but I prefer the manual.

Like I said, when we go to replace the accord, it will more than likely be some dsg/triptronic so I can somehow row through gears and the wife can drive the car everyday without the worry of starting out in 1st gear on a hill. BUT, this isnt replacing the accord, it would replace the focus, and I would want a 5/6psd manual.

Then again...dont give up on me yet :lol: , I'll get the wife confident enuff to drive stick. Shes getting better with the bmw and its not the easiest to drive.
darkpuppet,Mar 9 2007, 10:24 AM Wrote:I'm sorry.. I loved the volvos until I tried sitting in them at the autoshow...

Any car that has less interior room than a miata is definitely out of my good books.

I don't know how they managed it, but those cars are made for midgets... if you have shoulders, or a beer belly, don't even think about it.

yes, the new mx-5 was easier to fit in than the volvo s40
[right][snapback]229473[/snapback][/right]

Really?? From S2Steeda review of his volvo (and I think hes bigger than you) he didnt mention any of this.
CanadaSVT,Mar 9 2007, 09:54 AM Wrote:You don't like the MazdaSpeed3?  Under $31,000 with 263 hp & 280 lbf·ft

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/1172...pecs-page4.html
[right][snapback]229469[/snapback][/right]

its also on the list. And I see this year theyre giving us more colors, woot!

I need to be a millionaire....ZED NOT ZEE, you never answered me what your freinds do for a living. I need money man. :P :lol:
02_svt_guy,Mar 9 2007, 08:12 AM Wrote:My 2 cents,  would rather buy something else. Doesnt stand out expecially for 32g's.
[right][snapback]229459[/snapback][/right]

did the svt focus stand out for 32gs?

*Zing*

I kid, I kid. :P
Pages: 1 2 3