FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Mileage Drop With Short Ram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I ad a short ram what can I expect for gas mileage? Will it drop and by how much? I commute 100km each day so I'm curious if I should bother. I'd like the performance but only if it's at a minimal cost to gas mileage.
I don't believe it should drop. Mine did but thats only b/c the ram intake sounds really nice in the upper RPM band so when i first got mine i spent alot of time driving up there.
habmann,Feb 11 2007, 02:48 AM Wrote:Mine did but thats only b/c the ram intake sounds really nice in the upper RPM band so when i first got mine i spent alot of time driving up there.
[right][snapback]226463[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
You wont be impressed lol
at least I wasnt with the old car.
I have the Steeda and haven't suffered any drop in fuel economy other than those also exhibited by Habmann.

And that condition is self-inflict and not directly related to the SRI.
OAC_Sparky,Feb 11 2007, 12:04 PM Wrote:I have the Steeda and haven't suffered any drop in fuel economy other than those also exhibited by Habmann.

And that condition is self-inflict and not directly related to the SRI.
[right][snapback]226470[/snapback][/right]

i'll second that saying seeing as i can't make it sound that professional even if i tried lol
Theoretically it should give you better gas mileage than stock.
That's what I figured. Heavy foot = lower mileage. That could almost be said with any performance mod I guess.
i don't think mine dropped.....but when i put a header on.....oh boy.....from that day it never was an economy car any more.....i get like 330km on a tank
smith21,Feb 11 2007, 12:10 PM Wrote:i'll second that saying seeing as i can't make it sound that professional even if i tried lol
[right][snapback]226476[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
As others have reported. Play nice with the short ram and you shouldn't see a drop in mileage.

In fact I get better mileage than stock as long as I play nice and don't play with the throttle... or run at 120km/h+ that really takes a toll on the mileage <_< :lol:

NefCanuck