FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Music Download Sites ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says ... looking for the best music download sites - don't want a subscription, just want to buy files I can keep and use where and when I want ... I thought there was a recent thread on this, but couldn't find anything more recent than 2005/6 ...

So what are you using ?/

TIA
Bittorrent FTW

http://www.bitlord.com

http://www.btjunkie.org

Get Bitlord, download and install, then do your searching on BTjunkie.

You're good to go.
To Pay for: iTunes (must use iTunes as the files are in AAC format)
For Free: Limewire

You aren't going to report up are you? LOL
use limewire, its free, most of the songs are legit/good quality, easy to use. if you wanna download full albumbs then use torrents, but you'll need something like utorrent to download them, (the torrents).
Dnload bittorrent, then go to http://www.piratebay.org and you're off to the races.
I'm using an older version of frostwire, I like it, but not interested in the newer version
Lime wire is full of viruses, fake songs, spyware, adaware, trojans, etc.

I second 4shared.com and I also recommend beemp3.com. as well there is a rapidshare search, forgot the url out there , but its pretty impressive, no need to resort to Bit Torrents for me.
paolo,Nov 8 2009, 10:40 AM Wrote:Lime wire is full of viruses, fake songs, spyware, adaware, trojans, etc.

[right][snapback]296987[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. :angry:

Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire. I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
These days you can download DRM-free music from iTunes. Not all songs, but a fair number.

Your other choices are pretty much all non-legal options.

HMV and a few other music sites provide purchase-per-track/album options as well.

dBlast,Nov 8 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire.  I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
[right][snapback]296988[/snapback][/right]
thats weird i've used limewire for a good 4 years now, no problems.
Spinal,Nov 9 2009, 12:38 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Nov 8 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire.  I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
[right][snapback]297042[/snapback][/right]

If you do a virus scan on each download. You'll solve most of the problems.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 9 2009, 12:12 PM Wrote:
Spinal,Nov 9 2009, 12:38 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]297042[/snapback][/right]

If you do a virus scan on each download. You'll solve most of the problems.
[right][snapback]297044[/snapback][/right]

I'm ditto with Spinal. never had a prob. Unless the file looked completely weird. Then it was see ya later but you get that on every site and program.