FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help With Iat / Spark Plugs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well since ive put my turbo in have had the check engine light on, the error is for a high air intake temp reading. now im using a 2001 mustang MAF, and they had extrenal IAT, so how do you wire in the stock focus one to make it work,

or do i have to get a mustang IAT, and rewire it.

any help would be appreciated.

and one more thing, any one have the part number for a NGK spark plugs that are one step colder, or some brand that i can pick up in Canadian tire.
1 step colder...

Motorcraft azfs22c, mine are gapped to .040.

Theyre dirt cheap form ford, think theyre like $3-4 each.

IAT, no clue...pro-m integrates it in the hosuing im pretty sure...
The IAT in the FOCUS is PIN 1 and PIN 6, you'll notice that these two pins don't plug into the Mustang MAF.

If you did things the cheap way on your kit you possibly bought a BOMZ intake for the intake tube. This would be great, you can then just drop your stock MAF into this hole and wire up pin 1 and pin 6. Then your IAT will be fine. Else you will need to buy a mustang IAT and wire it up. It does matter how you wire it up I can look, but the easiest would be using the stock MAF.
could you look up how to wire a mustang iat up, i found a mustang iat for 15$.
Just pull or splice the two wires from the stock MAF Labeled 1 and 6. Connect these two wires to the new mustang MAF. It doesn't matter which way you wire them up.

kamilk69,Dec 15 2006, 01:53 AM Wrote:Any help would be appreciated.
[right][snapback]220431[/snapback][/right]

Read this article this should answer some of your questions.

Clic here ...
I had used a lightning IAT in the form of a relocation kit form CFM..

hardk0re,Dec 15 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:The IAT in the FOCUS is PIN 1 and PIN 6, you'll notice that these two pins don't plug into the Mustang MAF.

If you did things the cheap way on your kit you possibly bought a BOMZ intake for the intake tube.  This would be great, you can then just drop your stock MAF into this hole and wire up pin 1 and pin 6.  Then your IAT will be fine.  Else you will need to buy a mustang IAT and wire it up.  It does matter how you wire it up I can look, but the easiest would be using the stock MAF.
[right][snapback]220487[/snapback][/right]

Did you just say buying something from Bomz is great? that might be a first....
yes, buying a bombz intake pipe is great for charge piping on a diy turbo job.