FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Is Legal Limit In Ontario?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know if H4 + 50 (1830/1148 lumens) (60/55 watts) are too bright and illegal in canada or are these SAE DOT approved and legal here?

I don't want to put on illegal light bulbs. Also, what is the standard stock light bulbs on our focus? is it H4/9003 (55watts?)

will 60 watts burn the wiring and harness?
60 watts should be alright, and I'm pretty sure you should be fine with running that wattage of lights. I wouldn't be worried unless you were running really bright HID's...... I have bright lights on my ride, and i've never been bothered.
cornflakes,Oct 19 2006, 07:51 PM Wrote:does anyone know if H4 + 50  (1830/1148 lumens) (60/55 watts) are too bright and illegal in canada or are these SAE DOT approved and legal here?

I don't want to put on illegal light bulbs.  Also, what is the standard stock light bulbs on our focus?  is it H4/9003  (55watts?)

will 60 watts burn the wiring and harness?
[right][snapback]212607[/snapback][/right]

55 watts is the legal limit. I really doubt if 60 watts will burn your wiring.
Yes the Focus comes with 9003.

ok confusion here that needs to be cleared up:

in my owner's manual it says my headlamps are "HB2".

I read on wikipedia that "H4" are still not legal in America so they came up with "HB2/9003" which are lower output.

So is my focus (04 sedan) HB2? or H4? and are they both 9003? or is H4 the same as HB2?

:huh:
When it comes to fitment H4 and 9003 are the same.
When it comes to light output, I dunno maybe different.

The best thing to do if you are completely at a loss, take one of your bulbs out, take it in to the store and match it up.
Your bulb should have a marking somewhere that says 9003 or whatever.

As for your manual saying somethng else, perhaps it is a ploy to throw people off and cause confusion so you will go to your local Ford dealer to get them replaced.

Hope that helps...
Ive had 100 watt H4's in my driving lights and they worked just fine , didnt burn the wires or anything ...