FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Time To Throw The Winter Tires On.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They were talking about snow this morning on the radio.

Down to 6º tonight :blink:

I have a feeling I know what I'm doing this saturday afternoon. :(
Im hoping to hit the track. :unsure: :lol:
i heard about snow this friday....
Well it sounds like i might be spending my sat or sun changing the rims over too. Altho i think while i'm at it i'm gonna do my brakes too which i've been putting off for a while now.
If I go to the track here tomorrow (Shannonville) I would have to go with winter tires cause they are getting put on the car today. We got a light amount of snow and some freezing rain here last night. It caused havock for the people that didn't drive for the weather too.
habmann,Oct 12 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:Well it sounds like i might be spending my sat or sun changing the rims over too. Altho i think while i'm at it i'm gonna do my brakes too which i've been putting off for a while now.
[right][snapback]211285[/snapback][/right]

Wanna come over and show me how to do mine too?

:ph34r:
Cars in for service today, if they tell me the tires are iffy, I'm gonna throw on a set of Hankook W300 on the rims I have and run 'em over the winter and maybe year round, since another forum praises 'em for year round use.

NefCanuck
Its hailing up here, but the stuff is melting fast.
Damn....

Does anyone have any spare 235/60/18 snow tires i can borrow :(
Crap its snowing... :(

Good bye summer tires. :(
I'm still waiting till the weekend before Halloween. I'm addicted to the grip.

That sounds rather wrong :ph34r:
scoobasteve,Oct 12 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:Damn....

Does anyone have any spare 235/60/18 snow tires i can borrow  :(
[right][snapback]211303[/snapback][/right]

I thought you were driving a Chrysler 300 not a Durango. What kind of tire size is that?
the 300's run tractor tires.

... feels like i just put the stock tires away... now I gots to put them back on? boo...

I'm holding out for 2 more weeks... here's hoping...
I am running my 20" 245's with the 425 hp all winter baby oh ya can you say doughnuts :lol:
DD1,Oct 12 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:I am running my 20" 245's with the 425 hp all winter baby oh ya can you say doughnuts :lol:
[right][snapback]211382[/snapback][/right]

As long as you're in front of me its all good....

When you lose it I can watch you ping of the guardrail like that maniac years ago on the 401 driving through freezing rain :P

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:the 300's run tractor tires.

... feels like i just put the stock tires away... now I gots to put them back on?  boo...

I'm holding out for 2 more weeks...  here's hoping...
[right][snapback]211370[/snapback][/right]

Yep. and there is only like 3 or 4 manufacturers who make tires in that size.

I'd like to get a set of nokian's this year, but i figure i could use the extended warranty more.

I hope the stock conti's dont suck too bad in the snow.
scoobasteve,Oct 12 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 12 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:the 300's run tractor tires.

... feels like i just put the stock tires away... now I gots to put them back on?  boo...

I'm holding out for 2 more weeks...   here's hoping...
[right][snapback]211370[/snapback][/right]

Yep. and there is only like 3 or 4 manufacturers who make tires in that size.

I'd like to get a set of nokian's this year, but i figure i could use the extended warranty more.

I hope the stock conti's dont suck too bad in the snow.
[right][snapback]211418[/snapback][/right]

You might have to drop down to 17 inch steelies with a taller tire. (How big are your brakes? Clearance?)
After cruising around in the freezing slush yesterday and today, I've decided that the 16s stay on until at least Halloween.

I know some of you had some bad dealings with Pirellis and snow, but damn... I was just fine. I carved through slush buildups like I had the 14s on.
Well after seeing more snow/hail today I've decided as long as tomorrow is a decent day I'm gonna change over to my stock rims. Don't wanna be caught with my summer rims/tires on should we get a freak snow storm here like Fort Erie got this week.
Well today i finally managed to get the summer rims off and put the stockers on. I also did the front brakes while i was at it. After driving all summer with the 17's on, I can't help but hate what the stock 15's look like no.

Anthony did you end up doing the brakes on your car this weekend? As it stands right now i don't have much of anything going on next weekend, if you want a hand doing the front brakes next weekend let me know.
Pages: 1 2