FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fake Rear Disk Brakes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning I was driving down Bayview, south of 407 in Thornhill, I spotted a non descript silver sedan with tinted windows. Nothing to write home about.

Since the traffic was pretty heavy, I had plenty of time to look at this sedan beside me. I look down at the wheels (stock alloys), then bling! Shiny drilled rear brakes????

I look at the front brakes and they looked like stock. I look back at the rear and realize that they were fake disk brake covers that hide the rusty drums. :lol:

Anyone seen these before?
yeah, seen these on civics a few years ago.
how ghetto.....its like puttin that stupid thing in your muffler that sounds like turbo....

all those fake things are so gay
or like spinner hubcaps..
Or non-functioning roof scoops! :lol:
Yeah I've seen those locally on a ZX3, really really tacky..... from a distance, it makes you look but up close, the laughing begins.
I dunno, the Focus could sure use something like that to cover up the rear drums <_<

I'm gonna laugh at the mechanic that has to take the rear drums off on mine, they'll need a crowbar & a blowtorch

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 3 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:I dunno, the Focus could sure use something like that to cover up the rear drums <_<

I'm gonna laugh at the mechanic that has to take the rear drums off on mine, they'll need a crowbar & a blowtorch

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]209935[/snapback][/right]

Oh i hear ya, i felt bad when i brought my car to my mechanic to have the rear shoes done. I don't think the rear drums had been off the car since it left the factory 5 yrs earlier. Couldn't have been an easy job to do.
dBlast,Oct 3 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:This morning I was driving down Bayview, south of 407 in Thornhill, I spotted a non descript silver sedan with tinted windows.  Nothing to write home about.

Since the traffic was pretty heavy, I had plenty of time to look at this sedan beside me.  I look down at the wheels (stock alloys), then bling!  Shiny drilled rear brakes????

I look at the front brakes and they looked like stock.  I look back at the rear and realize that they were fake disk brake covers that hide the rusty drums. :lol:

Anyone seen these before?
[right][snapback]209908[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, my Uncle has them on his Mazda 3. They are jokey looking.
I painted my drums all nice, in fact they're a nice shiny black...
We'll see what winter brings. :(
how hard is it to install rear disk brakes on the focus?

i know its kind of a dumb quastion but still how hard is it?
NikiterZTS,Oct 3 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:how hard is it to install rear disk brakes on the  focus?
[right][snapback]209952[/snapback][/right]

I think the easiest way is to get the rear disc brake assembly from an SVT (or there are a few non-SVTs with rear discs, I think they're the ones with traction control and all that extra crap). I know there have been a few threads about it and I think someone listed all the parts you need for the swap, a quick search should find something.
dBlast,Oct 3 2006, 08:23 AM Wrote:Anyone seen these before?
[right][snapback]209908[/snapback][/right]

i had 'em back when i first got my car, but they were blue :unsure:

[Image: DSC01070.jpg]