FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shorty Antenna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got my shorty antenna in the mail. I bought it off ebay from Jhongs. They are a universal antenna, but the radio reception I'm getting is just as good as with my full antenna, and I live in the boons. It came to 15$ US after shipping, when all was said and done. Pretty decent.

[Image: P9280226.jpg]

[Image: P9280227.jpg]

[Image: P9280232.jpg]
Remove your signature now.

Looks good BTW.
ANTHONYD,Sep 28 2006, 09:17 AM Wrote:Remove your signature now.
[right][snapback]208988[/snapback][/right]

Et Voila... :)
Nice.

On a sidenote, that doesn't look like the boonies in the background. Looks like some preppy suburb with lots of trees. :lol:
Hrm, that does look appealing (I hate the stock antenna, I keep getting it caught on the hose at the coin-op carwash :( ) How long did it take your order to arrive?

NefCanuck
It took about 1 week to come in, which isn't that bad. If you do a search on ebay for Ford Focus shorty antennas, a bunch show up. The Jhongs guy has a lot of variety, and they're cheap. Bonus: I didn't have to pay any border fees, so the price was the price.
ZX5chica,Sep 28 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:It took about 1 week to come in, which isn't that bad. If you do a search on ebay for Ford Focus shorty antennas, a bunch show up. The Jhongs guy has a lot of variety, and they're cheap. Bonus: I didn't have to pay any border fees, so the price was the price.
[right][snapback]209001[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I've seen his listing before. I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))

NefCanuck
Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.
[right][snapback]209031[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

And the antenna looks pretty good! I'm surprised you still have any reception whatsoever!
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Why would you want a stump when you can have the full monty?

It's an art I tell ya.

It's not about length my friend, but how you use what you have :rofl:

NefCanuck
(I am so going to hell for comments like this :P )
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 01:47 PM Wrote:

It's an art I tell ya.

It's not about length my friend, but how you use what you have :rofl:

NefCanuck
(I am so going to hell for comments like this :P )
[right][snapback]209043[/snapback][/right]
You keep believing what your women are lying to you about your wand.

In this case, Big is better.
those close up pics remind me of when i posted my pics of my broken antenna :D

looks good though
I have the same one, my FC antenna got stolen over the summer and they are out of business so I purchased the same one off eBay. Reception is great and I like the new antenna better!
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 09:03 AM Wrote:Yeah I've seen his listing before.  I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))
[right][snapback]209009[/snapback][/right]

Those colored antennas look funny since the base is black.. it ends up just looking mismatched and unfinished.
guilty,Sep 29 2006, 06:47 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 09:03 AM Wrote:Yeah I've seen his listing before.  I just can't decide whether I want to do black like you did or go for a brushed aluminum shorty (My car has all sorts of aluminum accenting on it both on the outside and on the inside ;))
[right][snapback]209009[/snapback][/right]

Those colored antennas look funny since the base is black.. it ends up just looking mismatched and unfinished.
[right][snapback]209374[/snapback][/right]

-nods- You have a good point. I think I'm gonna go black shorty then.

NefCanuck
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:You keep believing what your women are lying to you about your wand.

In this case, Big is better.
[right][snapback]209051[/snapback][/right]

Lol...... getting borderline... (but oh the comments I was thinking in my head)... I refuse to let this post (re: about antenna's for C*&*sts sake) go to NSFW.
I think we're all whored out here.
:1lockd: :1lockd: :1lockd: