FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got Me Some 8000k Hid's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I picked up a HID kit through Kijiji from a Toronto Mazda 3 member and I installed them yesterday. OMG what a difference. I got an H3 hi/low kit with littel servos in the bulbs that change the bulbs position weather in Low or Hi. It was a very easy install, only took about 45 minutes. I need batteries for the camera so the pictures will have to follow.

The reason for this was I was always blowing headlight bulbs and the cost of replacements were rediculus. I tried using the cheap Pacific Mall headlights and they blew like every 3 or so months. So I switched to PIAA and at $50.00+ for a pair was just crazy. Hopefully these HID's last a long time. I am crossing my fingers.
Don't HID's require a proper lens to project correctly? I only ever heard this, never actually saw a car first hand with HID's in regular housings.

hope to see it at the BBQ kev.
No, these were just plug and play. Reasonable easy install to. Scorcher has them in his car aswell. The light output is far superior to the H3 bulbs I was using before. I will snap some photos tonight.
hardk0re,Oct 2 2009, 06:30 AM Wrote:Don't HID's require a proper lens to project correctly?  I only ever heard this, never actually saw a car first hand with HID's in regular housings.
[right][snapback]295298[/snapback][/right]

I also had them with stock Focus lights Its just a bulb not the housing thats HID
I think what he was saying id that you usually need a HID housing for HID bulbs for maximum efficiency... and not blind oncoming traffic!

My nephew put some 6K HID's in his foglights (2003 F-150 4x4).
They look great, but the headlamps don't match anymore, lol. He needs another kit for those now!
how much did the hole kit cost

now you can paint your headlight inerds black :) :)
8K is awefully blue... careful you don't go attracting cops with those things.
I have 8,000K top and bottom. They look pure white to me but to others they are Blue. They make the lines on the road and street sign glow. With my poor vission night driving is amazingly easier to view street names and to spot those dam piggies, even the ghost cars canèt hid from the HID's. Reflect everything. :D :P :D
i m not sure if he is one of member from here but he had 2005+ red zx3 and 8000k hid in stock housing, i was on qew and his light output was g!@# d!@#!@# f!@#!@# glare whole roads and inside my car!!
he was 10+ cars behind of me

if you don't care about stock housing or getting projector, adjust beam lower at least..

i m not direct finger pointing at OP..
i m just saying..
konafocuswrc,Oct 2 2009, 07:36 PM Wrote:i m not sure if he is one of member from here but he had 2005+ red zx3 and 8000k hid in stock housing, i was on qew and his light output was g!@# d!@#!@# f!@#!@# glare whole roads and inside my car!!
he was 10+ cars behind of me

if you don't care about stock housing or getting projector, adjust beam lower at least..

i m not direct finger pointing at OP..
i m just saying..
[right][snapback]295349[/snapback][/right]

Your just jelous. LOL. I have realized that my lights are aimed a little high. I have been high beamed only once since the install. I know that I have some adjustment to do. But other than that these things are amazing. Why didn't I do this before?
i was in front of a neon with blue hid's in a stock housing and i couldn't see a thing his lights were shining everyplace blinding everyone. if you want hid's please for everyones safety get projectors
This is why an autodimming electrochromatic mirror is a godsend.

(Until you glance at the sideview mirrors... ow :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
5% rear tint ftw :lol:
Im a little surprised its not Law, If the car is blinding on-coming traffic, Should this be ok?

Those Bulbs are 100% made for Projectors, And should only be used for it.
MY2Cents
Whenever i see somebody driving towards me with HID's like that I just turn my high beams on and leave them until that person passes by. :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 2 2009, 09:43 PM Wrote:Your just jelous.  LOL.  I have realized that my lights are aimed a little high.  I have been high beamed only once since the install.  I know that I have some adjustment to do.  But other than that these things are amazing.  Why didn't I do this before?
[right][snapback]295361[/snapback][/right]
I'm guessing because your wife wouldn't let you ????? :rolleyes:
ZTWsquared,Oct 3 2009, 07:18 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 2 2009, 09:43 PM Wrote:Your just jelous.  LOL.  I have realized that my lights are aimed a little high.  I have been high beamed only once since the install.  I know that I have some adjustment to do.  But other than that these things are amazing.  Why didn't I do this before?
[right][snapback]295361[/snapback][/right]
I'm guessing because your wife wouldn't let you ????? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]295400[/snapback][/right]

BINGO!!!!!!!! :P
m i jealous, focus man focus?
no, i retrofitted hid in real hid projector..

i used to have s***ty ebay fog light projector instead of low beam..
For those who keep commenting on puuting HID's in stock housings, read above again. He has the proper type for a stock styled housing, the ones with low and high beam.

All the people you see on the road with the horrible blinding HID's are the guys that use the bulbs that are meant for seperate high/low beams.

-George
Pages: 1 2