FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Block Heater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So who here has blowin the block heater element right outta there block?
I mean blown it apart into pieces?
please tell me im not the only one, lol!
wow?

you are the only one :)

How the hell did you manage that? Was there a short?
mo_focus,Sep 9 2006, 07:30 AM Wrote:wow?

you are the only one :)

How the hell did you manage that? Was there a short?
[right][snapback]206277[/snapback][/right]
no short. i never use it.i was just driving down the street and i noticed smoke comin from my fender wells, then looked at my temp gauge and it was redlined. so i parked it and then proceeded to snoop around and narrowed it down to the block heater plug being missing from the block. i figure this out when i poured water into the empty coolant resevoir container and watched it pour right out the back of the block. so i must say i would be checkin the condition of yours. apparently the locking pins tend to wear out easily.it cost me thirty bucks for the parts, but 50 for the tow.
that sucks
focuzedn2o,Sep 9 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:no short. i never use it.i was just driving down the street and i noticed smoke comin from my fender wells[right][snapback]206288[/snapback][/right]
I think you mean steam, and no that's not a common problem. Sometimes if they do spring a leak you can't get the bugger out easy.
your right i meant steam. all i know is that thats just another repair done this year.
it really seems endless with this car.
Apart from being forced to just now, when was the last time you flushed your coolant?
10.000 kms ago
is this the part that broke down?

[Image: repair.jpg]

cuz i had to replace mine.....broke down in peices as well
focuzedn2o,Sep 9 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:10.000 kms ago
[right][snapback]206303[/snapback][/right]
Ok. Most times I see people have problems with frost plugs or block heaters is from corrosion from not changing their coolant.

Like ever.