FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Pics From The New Cam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT for the cross-linkage. Cam is a Nikon D50 DSLR with the standard 18-55mm lens so far. I'm planning to get the 70-300mm ED telephoto lens before Christmas.

So far, I'm blown away. The features on this thing are astounding.

We've had fun for the year and a half we had our 4MP Samsung Digimax A400, but I think the only reason we kept it was how well it actually did at our wedding. That, and the movie mode's pretty good too.

I do repeat... blown away here. 280 shots on a 1GB card in JPEG - Super Fine mode. The quality gets even better in Raw mode with 0 compression or tinkering. And the camera's really responsive with an amazing flash.

But enough text, on with the pictures.

[Image: th_5616d888.jpg]
[Image: th_fc9991a5.jpg]
[Image: th_b0a40617.jpg]
[Image: th_998d74c8.jpg]

The lighting's a bitch here today, but overall I'm happy. AND LOOK! It can render Sangria Red finally!

Note the difference, compared to here:

[Image: th_5d5f7429.jpg]
[Image: th_b3f0c83a.jpg]
Nice shots, so what cam did you upgrade to? :lol:

EDIT: Okay, now I see... excitement thrown onto two threads, that's fine. ( http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=18033&hl= )

Nice choice with the cam, congrats!
i def see the difference....good purches...congrats
Nice choice Adam. Nikon always is a good choice. It's the damn lenses and aftermarket equipment costs that can really explode your budget.
But the 50 is a great camera and I am sure you will love it.

Enjoy.
Yeah, the dang lens I want is over 400 bones. Otherwise, aside from another battery or two... that's all we need. It's a hell of a package.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 30 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:Yeah, the dang lens I want is over 400 bones. Otherwise, aside from another battery or two... that's all we need. It's a hell of a package.
[right][snapback]199871[/snapback][/right]

Why the 70-300 ED and not the 55-200 DX? I wouldn't want to miss some portrait range.

If you want the 70-300 range, check out the Sigma 70-300 APO DG. Very nice lens. I've done some shooting with both (on a D100). Very similar results between both lens. Comes down to a feel/build quality preference. The Sigma *should* be a bit cheaper too.

Nice choice on the camera! :headbang: I wish I could be following in your footsteps. I'll be stuck in a Prosumer for a little while still though... :angry:

Ryan <- ex-camera salesbastard
Nice choice in camera!! I want to upgrade my SLR to DSLR but they just cost so much right now! I'm very jealous!!!!!

I recently purchased a Sigma 70 - 300 for it and I'm lovin' it right now!
If I end up upgrading my Pentax Z-30 to the Pentax *Ist D or DS then my lens will work on that camera as well!!! **thinking ahead for a future purchase**

As for the feel of the lens I would recommend sigma as well!! The price was right as well $110 CDN to my door!!

Anyway.......

Have fun with the new camera, and hope to see some nice pics of futures meets and camping trips!!!!

I want the ED lens for the better light transmission and better quality for enlargements at full zoom. I could get the G lens as well for about $200, but apparently I'd be sacrificing some quality on high-zoom shots.

Also, I'm sure the 55-200 is good, but the extra zoom is what I want for wildlife and such. There are a lot of good sightings here in North Bay and area, but they're often well-recessed from the roads and developments along right-of-ways and whatnot.

Plus, the 18-55mm that came with the camera is an ED lens. I'd rather have uniformity and quality - no offense meant of course!

The 55-70mm gap does concern me a tad, but I might swap lenses down the road.

EDIT - the reviews on that Sigma aren't so bad. It's worth considering, that's for sure.

Does anyone have a link to high quality, long focal-length Sigma prints?
Not to be an a$$, but the 55-200 is an ED lens... :P

55-200 page from Nikon.ca

I found this on dpreview as a samble of that the D50/D70 can do with the Sigma.
http://xs70.xs.to/pics/06095/mpiwo.jpg

Check the reviews in the forums on http://www.dpreview.com of the various lenses (I'm sure you already have) and use that to help you.

Also, now that you are a Nikon owner, you can peruse http://www.nikonians.com/ for any info you might be looking for.

Ryan
Ahhh, I hadn't checked out the 55-200 DX. Good thing it's an ED lens, too. :)

So I'd have 3 then, total, if things worked out. I bookmarked it, thanks man!