FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mileage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really quickly, who wants to tell me what I should expect in terms of mileage (L/100kms) of *real* (ie: not simulated in a factory) city and highway driving on a 2006 focus zx5. I am still breaking mine in, and I wanted to figure out what I should expect under different driving conditions.

Oh, and BTW.... 1400 Kms and counting... and other than a few stone chips (darn country living), I could not be happier :D
ZX5chica,Jun 28 2006, 03:06 PM Wrote:Really quickly, who wants to tell me what I should expect in terms of mileage (L/100kms) of *real*  (ie: not simulated in a factory) city and highway driving on a 2006 focus zx5. I am still breaking mine in, and I wanted to figure out what I should expect under different driving conditions.

Oh, and BTW.... 1400 Kms and counting... and other than a few stone chips (darn country living), I could not be happier  :D
[right][snapback]195745[/snapback][/right]

i get around 450-500 km on a tank thats city/hwy
I get 300-350 city/hwy...LOL
I get 400-600 (city/highway) with my 05 ZX5. I can get around 300-400 city/highway if I drive normal... :lol:
450-500 City/hwy, probly more hwy, but i dont drive or accelerate slow,

but thats on a zetech
With a 5 speed tranny

500 - 600 kms for me, and that's about 90% hwy and 10% city. I have gotten just over 800 kms on a tank on a trip to Louisana and thats with no stops, and maintaining the same speed for about 8 hrs.
95% city -- 5% hwy

420km / tank!

2005 ZX5 SES ... Automatic
Guys, these values are meaningless. Don't you actually calculate the L/100km, or MPG?

KM/tank is meaningless because maybe you fill up at 1/4. Maybe when the light comes on? Maybe you go 100km after the light comes on, which I have been known to do. :)

My best ever was 120km after the light came on, but I sputtered into the station. YMMV
Your post is very timely, as I just finished updating my mileage spreadsheet. For every filllup, I record the volume of gas, cost, and mileage. Call me a geek, I can take it :)

I'm at just over 125,000 km's, and my wagon has averaged 8.24 L/100 km. When converted, this works out to 34.27 imperial MPG, or 28.54 US MPG.
I get just under 10km/L usually.

For 42-44L of gas I go about 400km (all city) give or take in the SVT (6 spd., with an aftermarket performance tune.)
I'm as "geeky" as P-51 and do the Excel spreadsheet too, date of purchase, litres purchased, KM travelled and presto chango.

Since installing the CAI if I do mostly highway I average 7.84L / 100km. The city mileage for me is bad because I live so close to work (3KM one way) its about 10L / 100km

NefCanuck
Ive gone from sputtering to full and only got 600K before the light came back on.
I think my highway best is pretty much 700ish KMs till just after the light came on... 42L or so. Works out to 7L/100KMs. Wait, that's not right.

I'm close to Crazikev's 760 on a tank, anyways. Recently, I did 300+ KMs on 3/8ths of a tank, with the air on for half the trip.
On my ST (2.3L Manual trans) I get 450k on a tank (Full to low gas light) driving pretty aggressively on 60%hwy 40%city

If I take it easy on a highway run I can get just under 600k.

Ok. Not THAT easy....:lol:
i got around 28mpg most of the time in my stock '00 5spd zx3
My WRX gets 28mpg on the highway... no matter if I do 120, 140, or 160. It's weird.
P-51,Jun 29 2006, 03: Wrote:My WRX gets 28mpg on the highway... no matter if I do 120, 140, or 160. It's weird.
[right][snapback]195848[/snapback][/right]

what the hell.. how?! what yr is yours? even with cruise control on (ac on), set to 70mph, relatively flat road, i can't get higher than 24.88mpg in my '02 wrx wagon maybe my mpg will go up if i got faster? hmmmm

EDIT: and is yours stock? mine is 100% stock
Thanks for the the replies... still trying to get a feel for the new car!
In summer, and a stock engine, we're still getting 500-600k out of a tank. On a recent trip I actually topped 40mpg with the AC on.
There are HUGE variances form tank to tank, station to station, brand to brand as much as 200km per tank under the SAME DRIVING CONDITIONS. That was very evident on our trip where entire tanks were used up with the cruise set at the same speed for the entire time on the same roads in the same atm/temp/headwind.
Pages: 1 2