FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flex Pipe And Heat Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

Well as the title suggests I need a new flex pipe for the 2000. Now I see steeda has one for $200 CND, anyone else now who makes one? Can I use the SVT flex pipe or is it completely different? Anyone know how much the stock one is? What are any of you running?

Also when I was under the car I notice a lot of the nuts holding the heat shield on are rust away and have come loose. Is anyone running with out there heat shield, as in my case the rear? Of cousre I noticed this this morning and can't get parts now until Tuesday.

DRyanC

EDIT- by the picture on CFM the SVT looks different
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=26474&hl=

Hardk0re has a flex for cheap in his FS thread
i just priced a flex pipe from carquest yesterday for my 2000 zx3 and it was $159

02ztsian

Check e-Bay-there are several stock flex pipes available in Ontario, all under $40US. And they are new.
Walker makes a replacement pipe. I bought one from the US for $45. Carquest sells it for under $80, last time I checked.

Ryan
I removed the heat shield under the car before the back axle. No problems at all. No more rattling.