FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics Of Our Custom Face Gauges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope that moderators will not be against such a thread. I am not sure if it is the right subforum, but anyway...

Here is my Speedhut gauges:

[Image: day_hi.jpg]
___

[Image: night_hi.jpg]

In reality, they look much better than my crappy camera can catch.
Mods shouldn't have a prob with this.

Look pretty good. Altho why did you replace the stock ones with a set that look almost completely stock?
I have a set of their guages as well. Yours look great. Did you take the needles off to install the face? I didn't. Here is a couple pic's of mine.
[Image: 2193703_37_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_36_full.jpg]
habmann,May 31 2006, 06:27 PM Wrote:Look pretty good. Altho why did you replace the stock ones with a set that look almost completely stock?
[right][snapback]190771[/snapback][/right]
The problem, my dear chap, is that I live in one of the three countries that still did not adopt the metric system (guess, which one?) I was eager to instal such face gauges that would not contain the SAE scale at all. I was trying to instal the European stock gauges and some European aftermarket ones but without much success due to the fact that their bulbs are positioned differently from the NA version. Finally, after spending an aweful lot of money, I decided to go with Speedhut - something that should had been done in the first place. Well, that is my sad story.

By the way, I did not like the white face gauges because they had a hyper-reflective surface (white colour is the most reflective). At night they tend to reflect the outside light from the light poles or even traffic lights, and it did not look good to me.
Focus man, Focus.,May 31 2006, 06:54 PM Wrote:Did you take the needles off to install the face?  I didn't. [right][snapback]190776[/snapback][/right]
I decided to put back my stock SAE gauges and then install the speedhut over them. Before, I had a crappy European aftermarket one that used the stock lighting. So, yeah, I had to take off the needles and then calibrate them afterwards.

By the way, did you notice that when you switch to blue colour, the adaptor starts making louder vibrating noise and the lighting also blinks? Maybe, it is just mine? However, green is fine.
[Image: IMG_7008.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6999.jpg]
Peterbilt,May 31 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:
habmann,May 31 2006, 06:27 PM Wrote:Look pretty good. Altho why did you replace the stock ones with a set that look almost completely stock?
[right][snapback]190771[/snapback][/right]
The problem, my dear chap, is that I live in one of the three countries that still did not adopt the metric system (guess, which one?) I was eager to instal such face gauges that would not contain the SAE scale at all. I was trying to instal the European stock gauges and some European aftermarket ones but without much success due to the fact that their bulbs are positioned differently from the NA version. Finally, after spending an aweful lot of money, I decided to go with Speedhut - something that should had been done in the first place. Well, that is my sad story.

By the way, I did not like the white face gauges because they had a hyper-reflective surface (white colour is the most reflective). At night they tend to reflect the outside light from the light poles or even traffic lights, and it did not look good to me.
[right][snapback]190784[/snapback][/right]

Ah ic, that would make sense then. Welcome to the metric system. :lol:
It looks very well done!
I like the aftermarket guages.... but I can't find any black ones like enough to put in. I LOVE my stock interior. Black on charcoal *drool* looks wicked when it;s clean.

I think white or silver guages will mess up the look I got going on.
I ordered a set from S&H Autotrends, so hopefully they come in next week so I can post some pics as well :)
Yea, I have the white face guages too, they add a really nice look, especially at night, they glow pink :) (I have a bit of a problem with pink..) but I do have a new set coming in so I will get some pics up to show. :rolleyes:
jen_deans,Jun 1 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:Yea, I have the white face guages too, they add a really nice look, especially at night, they glow pink :) (I have a bit of a problem with pink..) but I do have a new set coming in so I will get some pics up to show. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]190908[/snapback][/right]

still waiting on those pics you promised me
nass,Jun 1 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:
jen_deans,Jun 1 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:Yea, I have the white face guages too, they add a really nice look, especially at night, they glow pink :) (I have a bit of a problem with pink..) but I do have a new set coming in so I will get some pics up to show. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]190908[/snapback][/right]

still waiting on those pics you promised me
[right][snapback]190910[/snapback][/right]

I'm only ever on the computer while I'm at work, I have to make a point of uploading the pics when I get home! I will I will!