FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Swimming Pool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i'm working in my car, and decide to clean it up a bit, take out my spare tire and WTF....i could have had a Trout farm in my spare tire well....i haven't got a clue where it's coming from.....

anyone else have or had this problem.....

I'll just break out the fishing poles and catch a few while waiting for a reply
I have that problem but it's my fault because when I install my rear body kit and drilled hole and water come in there...Try putting silicone..that what I did..and it worked.
Not sure what it is from but there might be a plug there that you can drain it!! Had this in my last car, but wasn't a focus, and I had no idea where it came from.
drill a drainage hole
find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

I have water in my spoiler or even trunk lid. I just noticed and it's got me puzzled?
make sure your rear lights have good seal. Best way to find out is to hose down the car and then take the inside liner out and see where the leak is coming from.

slim..

its the 05's...they leak somewhere in the hatch...possibly from the taillights or brake lights.

I had about an inch of water that I vac'ed out on saturday.//so funny that you mentioned this..

I also got condensation under the mat in the hatch too!!

nass,May 29 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

I have water in my spoiler or even trunk lid. I just noticed and it's got me puzzled?
[right][snapback]190317[/snapback][/right]

I had a HUGE fight with Ford about that.

It was my first conquer when I got the car. They told me the spoiler was supposed to sound like that. :blink: I told them no it's not, replace it...how can you stand there tell me my trunk is supposed to sound like a waterfall when I open it. They tried blaming me by saying I washed the car too much :lol:

After a call to the service manager and Ford Mo Co, they mysteriously called me one night to let me know they had a nice freshly painted grabber green spoiler at the shop for me if I wanted it.
microbunny,May 30 2006, 04:49 AM Wrote:slim..

its the 05's...they leak somewhere in the hatch...possibly from the taillights or brake lights.

I had about an inch of water that I vac'ed out on saturday.//so funny that you mentioned this..

[right][snapback]190343[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....

I would hate to think that i may have to put silicone all around my tail lights...thats really nice huh, 2005, and i have goopy crap all over my tail lights...

not happy... :angry:
Slimsride,May 31 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:
microbunny,May 30 2006, 04:49 AM Wrote:slim..

[right][snapback]190343[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....

I would hate to think that i may have to put silicone all around my tail lights...thats really nice huh, 2005, and i have goopy crap all over my tail lights...

[right][snapback]190590[/snapback][/right]

If it helps you start somewhere...I'm pretty sure mine leaks from the drivers side only cause the carpet covering the wheel well was damp.

The drain holes in my hatch look to be welded into the floor..not just a rubber stopper like alot of cars!
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:
nass,May 29 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

[right][snapback]190317[/snapback][/right]

I had a HUGE fight with Ford about that.

It was my first conquer when I got the car. They told me the spoiler was supposed to sound like that. :blink: I told them no it's not, replace it...how can you stand there tell me my trunk is supposed to sound like a waterfall when I open it. They tried blaming me by saying I washed the car too much :lol:

After a call to the service manager and Ford Mo Co, they mysteriously called me one night to let me know they had a nice freshly painted grabber green spoiler at the shop for me if I wanted it.
[right][snapback]190388[/snapback][/right]

but did they find the problem? I guess that water evaporates in the heat but it still concerns me how it gets in there.... plus all that added weight no wonder I am slow :(
Slimsride,May 31 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....
[right][snapback]190590[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't do that until you give up on a warranty repair ... trying your own thing first might just void the warranty you should be relying on to get Ford to fix it.
I don't have that problem on my ZX3 or atleast that I've noticed and I open my hatch pretty reguarlly. Never really check the tire well but the carpet is never wet back there.