FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wideband Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just looking for some pointers, i have a AEM UEGO wide band that i got for free from CFM for the warranty on my UDP, i am getting bung welded on hopefully tomorrow and i wanna know from those who have done it them selves, where they ran the wiring thru, the fire wall? also wheres the best place to mount? i was thinking of fibre glassing a pod where one of my middle vents is located (car is an 07 newer style interior)

any input would be appreciated :)
GFXjamie,Sep 3 2009, 03:30 PM Wrote:just looking for some pointers, i have a AEM UEGO wide band that i got for free from CFM for the warranty on my UDP, i am getting bung welded on hopefully tomorrow and i wanna know from those who have done it them selves, where they ran the wiring thru, the fire wall? also wheres the best place to mount? i was thinking of fibre glassing a pod where one of my middle vents is located (car is an 07 newer style interior)

any input would be appreciated :)
[right][snapback]293731[/snapback][/right]

Yup, I went through the firewall, and then into the pillar. Then I mounted the gauge in a universal gauge swivel pod that I put on the left side top of the dash. Temp solution until I decided to make a pillar one myself or something comes out..

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Universal-S...Swivel-Pod.aspx
for mounting you can get an a-pillar gauge pod holder thingy, with up to 3 spaces.
im fairly comfortable with making the pod in the dash, i dont wanna waste time on a pod like that unless i had a real race car lol. as for the wiring, was there a certain spot you chose to go thru at? im sure the firewall in the 08-09 is not much different from 05-07... just looking at the plug, it looks a little big to fit thru a little gromet in the F/W
Spinal,Sep 3 2009, 03:41 PM Wrote:for mounting you can get an a-pillar gauge pod holder thingy, with up to 3 spaces.
[right][snapback]293734[/snapback][/right]
also, i hate those pods, not only that, but i dont need anything other then afr for what im doing, all the rest is just for show and i dont need that lol...

silly ricers and their gauges...
GFXjamie,Sep 3 2009, 04:45 PM Wrote:silly ricers and their gauges...
[right][snapback]293736[/snapback][/right]

Yes Boost is such a silly gauge... :rolleyes:

I'll post pics later.

As for the firewall, get drillin. I tapped mine just above where the pedals are. Did one big hole for all my wiring an a nice little grommet.
GFXjamie,Sep 3 2009, 03:42 PM Wrote:im fairly comfortable with making the pod in the dash, i dont wanna waste time on a pod like that unless i had a real race car lol. as for the wiring, was there a certain spot you chose to go thru at? im sure the firewall in the 08-09 is not much different from 05-07... just looking at the plug, it looks a little big to fit thru a little gromet in the F/W
[right][snapback]293735[/snapback][/right]

In my 2009 I had a grommet large enough for it to go through by the top of it.. I didn't have to drill anything. Didn't even have to get a bung welded since my header supports PZEV models and had an extra bung with a plug in it :) I also have the AEM wideband. Depending where you put it you might have to tap a hole obviously, where on the dash you aiming for? My gauge is right by the pillar, that cup gauge is just a temporary place for me, I just needed something to mount quick because I was doing tuning the next day heh
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 3 2009, 03:55 PM Wrote:

I'll post pics later.

As for the firewall, get drillin. I tapped mine just above where the pedals are. Did one big hole for all my wiring an a nice little grommet.
[right][snapback]293737[/snapback][/right]

lol boost gauge is fine for you, im talking about everyone else with 130 whp and a triple gauge pod haha

anyways, i will try and see if i can find a gromet that is big enuff for the plug to fit thru, shouldnt be to hard, and if not ill have to drill and buy a gromet to use. should be fun....

As for location, on the 05-07 focus' there are 2 vents in the center of the dash where the hazard light button is and airbag light is, i will be putting it in the drivers side vent in the middle. i dont like flashy s*** so that should keep it in a good spot that i can still see really well for when i need to make adjustments to tuning
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 05:12 AM Wrote:

I'll post pics later.

lol boost gauge is fine for you, im talking about everyone else with 130 whp and a triple gauge pod haha

[right][snapback]293763[/snapback][/right]

I know what your talking about the people with the gauges from crappy tire that measure volts and battery when they don't even have an aftermarket system or the air /fuel thats not hooked up to anything it just randomally goes left to right lol. As for gauges oil pressure saved my ass once and pyrometer is a great for highway use when your ripping it on a hot day.

As for location if you don't want a pillar setup how about the frog eyes like these
[Image: horsepowerfreaks-c.jpg]

Or make something like this
[Image: ht1.jpg]

or throw this on your dash
[Image: vepod2-h.jpg]

Theres lots of options out there
this is what im thinking, but i will make it myself easily and only require 1 gauge

http://forums.focaljet.com/htperformance/6...think-idea.html
ZX3_2NV,Sep 4 2009, 08:56 AM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 05:12 AM Wrote:

I'll post pics later.

[right][snapback]293763[/snapback][/right]

I know what your talking about the people with the gauges from crappy tire that measure volts and battery when they don't even have an aftermarket system or the air /fuel thats not hooked up to anything it just randomally goes left to right lol. As for gauges oil pressure saved my ass once and pyrometer is a great for highway use when your ripping it on a hot day.

As for location if you don't want a pillar setup how about the frog eyes like these
[Image: horsepowerfreaks-c.jpg]

Or make something like this
[Image: ht1.jpg]

or throw this on your dash
[Image: vepod2-h.jpg]

Theres lots of options out there
[right][snapback]293765[/snapback][/right]

Are you serious? You've seen people that have a wideband gauge without it even working just to see it go from left to right? LOL that's hilarious!!
ideally, i would like something like the frog eyes idea, but the thing there isnt any kits out there for the foucs that i can find, and i cant do that extensive work with fibre glass either. i also dont wanna pay somebody it lol
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 09:11 AM Wrote:ideally, i would like something like the frog eyes idea, but the thing there isnt any kits out there for the foucs that i can find, and i cant do that extensive work with fibre glass either. i also dont wanna pay somebody it lol
[right][snapback]293769[/snapback][/right]

Have you checked http://www.glowshift.com to see if there's some universal you can work with?
i actually just did... and i ordered the single din gauge pod for like 12 bucks plus shipping, ill just put my cd player in the lower spot and put the gauge in the top slot, block off the 2 openings, or use them in the future for oil pressure and possibly on day boost
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 09:28 AM Wrote:i actually just did... and i ordered the single din gauge pod for like 12 bucks plus shipping, ill just put my cd player in the lower spot and put the gauge in the top slot, block off the 2 openings, or use them in the future for oil pressure and possibly on day boost
[right][snapback]293771[/snapback][/right]

Cool, sounds like you're good to go :)
Definitely gotta keep a slot for that boost gauge HEH
it will likely come one day, maybe once i get the 2.3l in ill build the 2.0 for tons of boost... we shall see, ive always wanted a N/A monster and ive always wanted boost... haha

in the mean time, i guess maybe ill be a ricer and hook up volts and temp haha i have those gauges in white face sitting in my garage so they wud fill the hole nicely...
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 09:36 AM Wrote:it will likely come one day, maybe once i get the 2.3l in ill build the 2.0 for tons of boost... we shall see, ive always wanted a N/A monster and ive always wanted boost... haha

in the mean time, i guess maybe ill be a ricer and hook up volts and temp haha i have those gauges in white face sitting in my garage so they wud fill the hole nicely...
[right][snapback]293774[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, looks better filled than empty for sure.. The only gauges I would need really is my AFR which I have, and an oil pressure gauge wouldn't hurt! I don't see myself going boost unless I fall into a pit of money because I would need a Lentech tranny :ph34r:
nah u can go boost without the lentech, just cant do lots of boost... wud still be quick and fun mind u
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 10:38 AM Wrote:nah u can go boost without the lentech, just cant do lots of boost... wud still be quick and fun mind u
[right][snapback]293782[/snapback][/right]

Well to be there isn't much point running it really low with that investment. I think the stock tranny can only handle 180 torque or something low.. I don't want to risk it.
GFXjamie,Sep 4 2009, 10:36 AM Wrote:it will likely come one day, maybe once i get the 2.3l in ill build the 2.0 for tons of boost... we shall see, ive always wanted a N/A monster and ive always wanted boost... haha

[right][snapback]293774[/snapback][/right]

Oil pressure and oil temp are always handy to have, especially when you're beating on the car. Nothing ricer about them!

Pages: 1 2