FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford's That Can Save Ford Na?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford's That Can Save Ford Now (Car And Driver Article)

[Image: 042920061239531102.jpg]

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/11036...e-ford-now.html

Discuss.
That XR6 would be a hands down winnar for our next car if Ford had the wherewithall to bring that car to NA.

Too bad were dealing with f***tards.
euro_zx5,May 7 2006, 10:58 AM Wrote:Ford's That Can Save Ford Now (Car And Driver Article)
Discuss.
[right][snapback]185925[/snapback][/right]
Except for the Outback and the Ranchero I could easily see any one of those vehicle in my driveway ... and even two at the same time actually.

But the sad fact is that the article was written by people like us ... people who actually like cars and expect a certain level of performance, panache and excitement while going from A to B; so naturally we're inclined to agree with them.

I don't think anyone like that actually works at Ford, though ... so don't hold your breath.
ZTWsquared,May 7 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,May 7 2006, 10:58 AM Wrote:Ford's That Can Save Ford Now (Car And Driver Article)
Discuss.
Except for the Outback and the Ranchero I could easily see any one of those vehicle in my driveway ... and even two at the same time actually.

But the sad fact is that the article was written by people like us ... people who actually like cars and expect a certain level of performance, panache and excitement while going from A to B; so naturally we're inclined to agree with them.

I don't think anyone like that actually works at Ford, though ... so don't hold your breath.
[right][snapback]185929[/snapback][/right]

True... but with enough complaints maybe, just maybe Ford will listen.
There's some nice cars out there in the rest of the ford world. We'll prolly never see them, which is too bad cuz the falcon looked like a cool car.

[Image: 042920061239531102.jpg]

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/11036...e-ford-now.html

Discuss.

I agree with what they were saying totally, and I agree with this statement they said in their article.

Quote:surely that is a less expensive solution than developing separate limited-production vehicles dedicated to the American market alone.

and this one

Of course, Ford cries cost, but Mazda seems to be able to import small cars from Japan and make a profit.

If the Focus is too Upscale for our markets why not bring up the Fiesta from Mexico up as it already meets all the guidlines for safety, and fuel regulations and what not, as it would be starting at where the Focus LX started from in 2000 at a base price of $ 13,999 for nothing in it.
i'd be all over the Falcon if it was brought over to NA, even if they replaced they replaced the turbo I6 with the new 4.6 3V engine. it would be nice to have a car with turbo 6cyl power in a large sedan, not to mention its rwd. what does ford have right now for a large sedan, the 500. not my cup of tea.

if they just brought the falcon over they could get some of the people buying BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, etc. there would be no competition in the ford NA for the falcon to compete with, so bring it up from down under.
The fact that somebody who has the misfortune to live in Mexico can buy a cooler Focus than what I can is purely retarded. :angry: