FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Skirts And Rear Apron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two questions, i took my skirts and aprons off in the winter and i want to put them back on. First question, what is the best way to get the old silicon off of the car. Second question, what type of silicone/chalking should i use when putting them back on?
I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off. I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that. I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on. The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.
goo gone.

I removed my pinstriping with that stuff.

works wonders!

[Image: 200.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.  I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on.  The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.
[right][snapback]183653[/snapback][/right]

won't gas or goo gone ruin the paint?
hasnt ruined mine.
brucktown,Apr 27 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.   I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on.  The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.

[right][snapback]183673[/snapback][/right]
Most products would ruin your paint if you let them sit there without washing them off. That's the key to wash it off. I used Goo Gone to remove the adhesive crap from the dealer sticker they put on my car. Just wash the area afterwards with warm soapy water.
I am not kidding when I say try a potato. Raw. It gets the resign off of your paint from silicone.
brucktown,Apr 27 2006, 01:06 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.  I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

[right][snapback]183673[/snapback][/right]

Goo gone is fine. I used it when i debadged the hatch. Worked great too.
rubbing alcohol.....\\simple!
GooGone works great, i've debadged quite a few cars with it...