FocusCanada Forums
Clear Corners Question - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Clear Corners Question (/showthread.php?tid=15814)

Pages: 1 2

Clear Corners Question - littledevil - 03-09-2005

Hey guys, I know there was a thread about this already, but I'm going to order some clear corners, did anyone find some in Canada. I found some on ebay that go for $14.50, and I emailed them and its a $15 charge for shipping. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Clear Corners Question - Jaspher - 03-09-2005

littledevil,Mar 8 2005, 11:11 PM Wrote:Hey guys, I know there was a thread about this already, but I'm going to order some clear corners, did anyone find some in Canada.  I found some on ebay that go for $14.50, and I emailed them and its a $15 charge for shipping.  Can anyone point me in the right direction??
[right][snapback]92336[/snapback][/right]

I wanted them too but when I found out about the shipping cost I backed off.

Clear Corners Question - smith21 - 03-09-2005

yea, see, i'm ok with that, i think i'm gonna be getting a pair from that soon, becuase from my other thread about the clear corners, didn't others pay like 180 or something really stupid like that for a set that let in moisture? So i say go for it

I think I'm going to order some right now, can buy them for $12, then shipping is $12, the way I see it, it'll still be cheaper than getting them through a store here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...#Contact%20Info

Clear Corners Question - SL8RZZX3 - 03-09-2005

just a thought but if all three of you are in ontario why don't you buy 3 sets and split on the shipping? :blink:

then you can have a clear corner G2G

oh and APC ones go for like $80 at crappytire and suck

Clear Corners Question - Raine - 03-09-2005

That's a good deal. For $25 bucks shipped? Bug the guy and see if he'll make shipping $10... just for the hell of it... but either way, a good price.

Clear Corners Question - Jaspher - 03-09-2005

littledevil,Mar 8 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:I think I'm going to order some right now, can buy them for $12, then shipping is $12, the way I see it, it'll still be cheaper than getting them through a store here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...#Contact%20Info
[right][snapback]92344[/snapback][/right]

let me know what's the total cost in CAD. I wonder if we can save in shipping if three of us get one. can you check with the person if shipping is cheaper?

I've decided not to order, because I don't have an ebay account, and my brother (who does have one) is out of town. I would be all for a group buy, and send a money order for my portion, and to ship it to Calgary.

Clear Corners Question - guilty - 03-09-2005

littledevil,Mar 8 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...#Contact%20Info
[right][snapback]92344[/snapback][/right]

Just watch out for this guy's statement:
ebay_seller Wrote:Shipping Cost :$12.00

Insurance cost:$1.00

Listed shipping costs reflect domestic shipping only.  If you are an international buyer, please email me for international shipping rates.

A lot of ebay sellers like to jack the price of shipping up to make some extra money off international buyers. Just something to look out for, make sure you get them to email you a shipping price before bidding.

Like I said in the other thread, look for someone who lists their Canadian shipping price in the auction (or email them for a shipping quote to your postal code), and make sure they ship via USPS, not UPS or FedEx. That should save you all some cash.

Clear Corners Question - Chaney - 03-09-2005

Hey,

Here is a question for all looking at clear corners. If you figure out what shipping would be from the states on these, if it would save you money i think i could arrange to be a middle man to save shipping. Chad knows me from Focus Fanatics. I joined today cause i was courious as to whats going on over here. Chad talks alot about this board... BTW i am in SE Michigan.

Kevin

Clear Corners Question - Drivesthebeast - 03-09-2005

Totally go for them dude...I bought the same ones from a different supplier from in Cali, but they also cost me a grand total of $35 cdn after shipping and taxes...that's still 1/2 the price of clear corners from CT or somewhere in the GTA. I can tell you that they are a tighter fit than the OEM ones, especially the lightbulb sockets, but that's good...slightly better seal.

Also, they come with the amber bulbs supplied in the box too, so you don't have to buy them. They look almost like stock marker lights at night, and look really cool on the car during the day...especially if you have a black Focus.

Best deal I've seen on em so far...I'd get them B)

Clear Corners Question - littledevil - 03-10-2005

do the bulbs have to be amber?

Clear Corners Question - NoiSeeVT - 03-10-2005

littledevil,Mar 9 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:do the bulbs have to be amber?
[right][snapback]92500[/snapback][/right]

The law says they have to if you are in Ontario. Im not sure about the other provinces.

David

Clear Corners Question - Jaspher - 03-10-2005

NoiSeeVT,Mar 9 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:

The law says they have to if you are in Ontario. Im not sure about the other provinces.

David
[right][snapback]92504[/snapback][/right]

David is right. any signaling light has to be amber in the front and rear can be red or amber. Never white or any of that blueish crap.

Clear Corners Question - SVT ZX3 - 03-10-2005

If anyone does a group buy I'd be in.

Clear Corners Question - littledevil - 03-11-2005

I will inquire as to a group buy, but I don't have an ebay account, so someone else would have to oder them.

Clear Corners Question - SL8RZZX3 - 03-11-2005

Jaspher,Mar 9 2005, 05:53 PM Wrote:

David

David is right. any signaling light has to be amber in the front and rear can be red or amber. Never white or any of that blueish crap.
[right][snapback]92506[/snapback][/right]

Actually you are allowed amber or white.........

i've have superwhites in since i first got my clears and never had a problem

:angry: i just get pulled over for everything else :lol: :lol:

Clear Corners Question - NoiSeeVT - 03-11-2005

SL8RZZX3,Mar 10 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:

David

[right][snapback]92706[/snapback][/right]

Here is the section from the HTA for ontario.
Side marker lamps

(13) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one half-hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle or combination of vehicles having a length in excess of 6.1 metres shall carry not fewer than four lighted side marker lamps, one of which shall be located on each side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles near the front and shall display a green or amber light and one of which shall be located on each side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles near the rear and shall display a red light and each of which lights shall be visible for a distance of 150 metres from the side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles upon which it is located; provided that a vehicle or combination of vehicles may carry four reflectors approved by the Ministry instead of the side marker lamps required by this section; and provided further that, if the clearance lamps upon the left side of any vehicle or combination of vehicles display lights visible for a distance of 150 metres from the left side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles, it is not necessary to carry side marker lamps as required by this subsection on the left side of the vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62

That for some reason says green is ok but white or blue are not and always amber.

David

Clear Corners Question - Jaspher - 03-11-2005

NoiSeeVT,Mar 10 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 10 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:

David

[right][snapback]92706[/snapback][/right]

Here is the section from the HTA for ontario.
Side marker lamps

(13) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one half-hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle or combination of vehicles having a length in excess of 6.1 metres shall carry not fewer than four lighted side marker lamps, one of which shall be located on each side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles near the front and shall display a green or amber light and one of which shall be located on each side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles near the rear and shall display a red light and each of which lights shall be visible for a distance of 150 metres from the side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles upon which it is located; provided that a vehicle or combination of vehicles may carry four reflectors approved by the Ministry instead of the side marker lamps required by this section; and provided further that, if the clearance lamps upon the left side of any vehicle or combination of vehicles display lights visible for a distance of 150 metres from the left side of the vehicle or combination of vehicles, it is not necessary to carry side marker lamps as required by this subsection on the left side of the vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62

That for some reason says green is ok but white or blue are not and always amber.

David
[right][snapback]92712[/snapback][/right]

Green is very disgusting. Haven't seen it before. pretty weird eh?

Clear Corners Question - littledevil - 03-11-2005

Hey guys, I sent an email to one of the suppliers over eby asking for discount, here's what they said...

"Thanks for asking, yes insurance is included, if you need more than one... pls let us know how many exactly you need, so that we can check the combine S&H rate and give you a total. Thanks

revotec"

so, should we start a pool???