FocusCanada Forums
It's Official! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: It's Official! (/showthread.php?tid=3065)

Pages: 1 2

It's Official! - oldeguy - 06-21-2008

It's coming
Ford news
:D

It's Official! - NOS2Go4Me - 06-21-2008

Link doesn't work, remaps to autoblog.com front page.

It's Official! - OAC_Sparky - 06-21-2008

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/20/ford-co...010-delays-new/

It's Official! - NikiterZTS - 06-21-2008

who cares if its euro? as long as it drives good.

is there gonna be ST or RS?

OAC_Sparky,Jun 20 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/20/ford-co...010-delays-new/
[right][snapback]267463[/snapback][/right]

That one works... thanks Sparky!

Oh, and based on the sales volumes I'm seeing in NB and area alone... the Escape/Tribute is the new F-150 in terms of popularity. These things are EVERYWHERE!

It's Official! - Focus man. Focus. - 06-21-2008

Its about freaking time we got that model over here.

It's Official! - torradan - 06-21-2008

Woo! Finally!

I think I need a little alone time with a box of tissues now...

It's Official! - ZX3_2NV - 06-21-2008

Im waitning for price ranges with the new focus or fiesta

It's Official! - NefCanuck - 06-21-2008

I'm more concerned that their credit dicision posted a loss...

That's a sign that seriously bad stuff is happening on the lease/loan side of things and an indicia that the US economy is really slowing down badly :ph34r:

NefCanuck

It's Official! - mo_focus - 06-21-2008

I'm confused, so why is this such a big deal? Didn't they bring the 99Focus over to NA for 2000?

anyone can bring the sheet metal over, what we need is the actual engine choices they have over there. I would love to get a TDii. I bet we will be stuck with one or two engines just like it was in 99-2000 model year.

If it has the handling choices, 4-wheel disc brakes, an uprated 2.0L Duratec and a 5-speed MTX... it would almost be enough to get me to "go back" to a Focus.

It's Official! - naz - 06-21-2008

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 20 2008, 08:06 PM Wrote:If it has the handling choices,
[right][snapback]267489[/snapback][/right]

don't hold your breath on that one man :( its north america ford creating their next gen rental car fleet special, not bmw usa about to unleash the next compact car track weapon

bet you we will get increased spring length, softer wheel rates and very soft damping

It's Official! - mo_focus - 06-21-2008

naz,Jun 20 2008, 08:19 PM Wrote:bet you we will get increased spring length, softer wheel rates and very soft damping
[right][snapback]267491[/snapback][/right]

exactly! everytime they tease us with something good and end product is nothing close to what they promise!

It's Official! - naz - 06-21-2008

mo_focus,Jun 20 2008, 08:46 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 20 2008, 08:19 PM Wrote:bet you we will get increased spring length, softer wheel rates and very soft damping
[right][snapback]267491[/snapback][/right]

exactly! everytime they tease us with something good and end product is nothing close to what they promise!
[right][snapback]267492[/snapback][/right]

i thnk its only their small cars.. the shelby mustangs and trucks/suvs seem to deliver the goods

It's Official! - OAC_Sparky - 06-21-2008

You know, all I hear on this f***ing board is people whining about "why don't they bring the Euro Focus over?", "why no hatchback?" blah blah boo f***ing hoo.

Focus sales are on a rocket right now, and they announce that the beloved Euro and hatchback are coming, and you still get (the same f***ing people) whining.

Why don't you just take up knitting or join a BMW circle-jerk board if it bothers you so much?

It's Official! - D-Dub - 06-21-2008

That will be sick just in time for my new car purchase.........the 1 series BMW looks like a solid buy also..........probably stick with the focus though, cause I've been waiting for it for awhile now.

It's Official! - oldeguy - 06-21-2008

OAC_Sparky,Jun 20 2008, 06:24 PM Wrote:You know, all I hear on this f***ing board is people whining about "why don't they bring the Euro Focus over?", "why no hatchback?" blah blah boo f***ing hoo.

Focus sales are on a rocket right now, and they announce that the beloved Euro and hatchback are coming, and you still get (the same f***ing people) whining.

Why don't you just take up knitting or join a BMW circle-jerk board if it bothers you so much?
[right][snapback]267502[/snapback][/right]
Agreed.
Let's just wait an see what they do. If Ford is as smart as GM, and I'm sure that Ford is smarter, they'll give the North Americans a good product, for all interested parties.

It's Official! - Frost__2001 - 06-21-2008

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 20 2008, 04:06 PM Wrote:If it has the handling choices, 4-wheel disc brakes, an uprated 2.0L Duratec and a 5-speed MTX... it would almost be enough to get me to "go back" to a Focus.
[right][snapback]267489[/snapback][/right]

Actually if you follow what the MK2.2 Facelift Focus has in Europe, it comes with 8 air bags, the 2.5, or 2.0, or 1.8, 1.6 TDDi Diesel, and 1.8 TCDi Diesel, and turbo 2.5 soon to be available with the new RS coming out in Europe this year. Also, the only 5 speeds are available is on the 1.8 in Europe, everything else is a 6 speed. or optional 5 speed auto. Since the facelift, you can't get drums on the MK2 Focus.. and the Focus is still the bench mark in europe, untill the redesigned Golf follows it.

and Mo it was the 1998 Focus they brought here, with many changes...

I for one see this as a good thing, but there was no mention of the re-introduction of the Focus wagon, unless N/A Ford is going to bring out the C-Max, or S-Max to slot in below the flex.

It's Official! - meford4u - 06-21-2008

They haven't brought the diesel over from Europe for a reason. the diesel overseas is more refined. I believe in 2010 or maybe even 2009 the standards for diesel are changing and Ford can then bring over the diesel. But why would they? It's not like Rabbit diesel sales are really that spectacular.

It's Official! - NefCanuck - 06-21-2008

meford4u,Jun 20 2008, 09:02 PM Wrote:They haven't brought the diesel over from Europe for a reason.  the diesel overseas is more refined.  I believe in 2010 or maybe even 2009 the standards for diesel are changing and Ford can then bring over the diesel.  But why would they?  It's not like Rabbit diesel sales are really that spectacular.
[right][snapback]267513[/snapback][/right]

Though to be fair, VW has a rather, erm "poor" repair history on this side of the pond.

If Ford did a small car diesel and did it right (IE: It's gotta be close to bulletproof) I'd be you'd see a lot of interest...

People are looking for small car alternatives, a well put together N.A. diesel might be just the ticket to stop the sheeple going to the Asian brands...

NefCAnuck