FocusCanada Forums
Got The New Car! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Got The New Car! (/showthread.php?tid=4946)

Pages: 1 2

Got The New Car! - Oscar The Grouch - 08-15-2007

And goddamn that was the scariest ride of my life!

Stalled sooo many times. Probably made 20 enemies on the way home. I feel like I'm going to blow chunks.

[Image: Newcar.jpg]

Got The New Car! - Dimitri - 08-15-2007

Congrats on the new ride, keep practising.

Got The New Car! - torradan - 08-15-2007

Lookin good!

Doesn't take long to get the hang of driving stick.

Go practice on side streets and empty parking lots. When you're feeling adventurous, stop on some small hills and practice on those.

Ya know, like those hairpins we drove up on Saturday. :)

Yeah driving it back in 5:00pm traffic with the crappy construction in North Bay didn't help my nerves. Feeling a little better now and going back out.

Got The New Car! - euro_zx5 - 08-15-2007

Congrats! Just taker easy on the clutch... it's brand new remember... :)

Got The New Car! - dBlast - 08-15-2007

Go find an empty parking lot.

Just practice the getting going part over and over again. Get used to the feel of the clutch grab point. Just get going and then stop (clutch in and brake) and then start over again.

If you feel it beginning to stall, clutch in quickly. Remember it is always slowly out and quickly in with the clutch pedal.

A lot of practice in these area first and most of your stalls will disappear.

Next practice smooth gear changes...

Within a week it should become second nature.

Good luck! :)

Got The New Car! - SL8RZZX3 - 08-15-2007

Looking Good!!

When does the modding begin?!

Got The New Car! - zx5power - 08-15-2007

looks sexy ... Same as mine btw :D mine isnt stick tho .

Got The New Car! - NikiterZTS - 08-15-2007

congrats

Test drive part deux went well. Stalled only twice this time. Getting used to the clutch a little more now.

Today, learn to drive.

Tomorrow, burnouts. :)

As for modding, gonna probably wait till the spring.

Got The New Car! - NefCanuck - 08-15-2007

Congrats, have fun playing with the shifter (In a safe environment natch)

NefCanuck

Got The New Car! - Focus man. Focus. - 08-15-2007

Sweet man. I remember learning to drive the stick. After the frist week it was fun all the way!!!

Got The New Car! - tippmann - 08-15-2007

congrats man! looks great

Got The New Car! - ZTWsquared - 08-15-2007

Black ... 5 speed ... nice rims ... 4 doors ... except for not being a wagon, it's perfect. Congrats.

A $200 investment in tint would be money well spent

Thanks Guys. I'm actually having a lot more fun. Put 100ks on it tonight alone! Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h. That too low for 3rd?

This is gonna be one hell of a fun summer!

Got The New Car! - cornflakes - 08-15-2007

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:Thanks Guys.  I'm actually having a lot more fun.  Put 100ks on it tonight alone!  Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h.  That too low for 3rd?

[right][snapback]246720[/snapback][/right]

oh you lucky bastard! i'm still seeing if i can get my red 07 zx4 (se or st) :S

Got The New Car! - zx5power - 08-15-2007

I learned to drive standard by going back in forth in my yard for about 10 min then just going and hoping lol .youll get a hang of it and never want to go back !

only reason I did was girlfriend didnt wanna learn she might drive once a year should have bought 5 speed!

Got The New Car! - CanadaSVT - 08-15-2007

Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a professional lesson on driving stick. I've been in cars where the drivers have been using manual for years and they still don't get it. The smell of burning clutch is not a good thing, at least not in your case.
BTW nice car! Congrats.

Got The New Car! - dBlast - 08-15-2007

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2007, 09:23 PM Wrote:Thanks Guys.  I'm actually having a lot more fun.  Put 100ks on it tonight alone!  Its smells like burnt clutch ATM.

I've been droning around town in mostly 3rd gear at 60km/h.  That too low for 3rd?

[right][snapback]246720[/snapback][/right]

If you going for a long stretch at 60km/h, 4th gear would be a better option for better mileage and less drone. Ideally you want to be in the highest gear possible without lugging the engine (above 1800rpm) if you want the best mileage.

However, for spirited driving, drop down to 2nd gear at 60km/h for a quick burst of acceleration but then quickly upshift. You don't want to be buzzing around at 5000rpm when cruising around town.

Got The New Car! - ANTHONYD - 08-15-2007

I learned to drive stick one night because my buddy who drove us to the club got too hammered to drive us home! :lol:

I had it down pat in about 20 min.