FocusCanada Forums
Once Again..another Project 56k, Take A Nap - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Once Again..another Project 56k, Take A Nap (/showthread.php?tid=10768)

Pages: 1 2

Once Again..another Project 56k, Take A Nap - Slimsride - 02-23-2006

euro_zx5,Feb 22 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Feb 22 2006, 01:41 PM Wrote:Well here we go, the on going project.  Everything worked great, hell i even got to Solder, for the first time in my life...and I'm pretty good at it. LOL. 

I did encounter a slight problem though.  The plastic in the vent is quite thick, and as i had installed the LED from the bottom of the vent, the LED itself doesn't quite go all the way through.  Now there is nothing wrong with that, the only problem is you dont' get ALL the light from the LED.  Maybe a 1/3 of the bulb is in the vent...so your only getting 1/3 the light.  Tonight i'm going to make the holes a bit bigger, and push the whole bulb into the vent.  Downside to this is, you'll see the LED itself.  However, It'll be a whole lot brighter than what it is now.

"Got Switches"

[Image: Picture025.jpg]
[right][snapback]171765[/snapback][/right]

Umm...... whoa. If I were you i'd have spent some nice coint and put a digital controller with a single knobto adjust intentisy as well.
[right][snapback]171773[/snapback][/right]

yeah it looks nuts now....looks alot better when its together....besides i can always get a new bezel worst case scenerio...

The switches are lit blue led as well...looks pretty cool all lit up too. HOWEVER, one switch is for my Strobes, and one is for my Vent LED's..(above and below cigarette lighter) the rest are there for eventual use.

Once Again..another Project 56k, Take A Nap - Fingers - 02-25-2006

euro_zx5,Feb 21 2006, 04:57 PM Wrote:
Fingers,Feb 21 2006, 11:35 AM Wrote:That is going to look like absolute crap.  A year from now, you will regret ever doing it.  That's my forecast/opinion, and you asked for it.

Have fun.
[right][snapback]171591[/snapback][/right]

I think he means to give it an updated ST look, rather than a ricer crappy look. Which I wouldn't regret long term, if it was done right the first time.
[right][snapback]171595[/snapback][/right]

Yeah... good thing he's not installing 10 switches and 10 LED light bulbs or anything. :lol:

Once Again..another Project 56k, Take A Nap - Slimsride - 02-25-2006

^^ actually one switch is for SIX LED's....not bad huh...i rule