FocusCanada Forums
Need New Tires, Recommendations? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Need New Tires, Recommendations? (/showthread.php?tid=16491)

Pages: 1 2

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - S2 - 11-26-2004

Upgrading to either a New VOLVO S40 T5 AWD (Turbo All Wheel Drive) or a BMW 330CI.... not sure yet, but that's the plan. I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol

Actually I want something more 'comfortable' and a bit more 'my age' if you know what I mean.

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - 2001 ZTS - 11-26-2004

S2,Nov 25 2004, 09:37 PM Wrote:........I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol
[right][snapback]71572[/snapback][/right]

Too bad meford4u is on vacation, that would send the old guy into a complete plastic & sticker clad meltdown! :lol:

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - SVTZX503 - 11-26-2004

S2,Nov 25 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:Upgrading to either a New VOLVO S40 T5 AWD (Turbo All Wheel Drive) or a BMW 330CI.... not sure yet, but that's the plan.  I'm getting to old to be driving a car with a body kit.... lol

Actually I want something more 'comfortable' and a bit more 'my age' if you know what I mean.
[right][snapback]71572[/snapback][/right]

Nice choices for a new ride.
what do mean by "my age" your like 28. If your too old what about .....
:D :D ...me and some of the others on here.

Yeah I figured I would get that, actually I think I am getting 'bored' with the focus also. It all depends on if I get in with the City Police this February (got my polygraph and final interview) then with some luck, off to Regina in August 2005 for 5 months of training.

I am thinking about selling at the start of summer since that will be a prime time to sell the car but we'll see. All depends on alot of things.

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - microbunny - 11-26-2004

I got 205/50R16 Toyo Proxyes TPT all-seasons....I've logged about 8,000km on them and they are very grippy on dry pavement, wet traction is very good...now they are supposed to be reasonable in winter0--

but, I dont know...we've had freezing rain and slush the last day or so and it was no trouble but, thats not a real test...

but these tires are pretty nice, although they could be a little quieter...but it's not bad!!

Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?

microbunny,Nov 25 2004, 07:10 PM Wrote:I got 205/50R16 Toyo Proxyes TPT all-seasons....I've logged about 8,000km on them and they are very grippy on dry pavement, wet traction is very good...now they are supposed to be reasonable in winter0--

but, I dont know...we've had freezing rain and slush the last day or so and it was no trouble but, thats not a real test...

but these tires are pretty nice, although they could be a little quieter...but it's not bad!!
[right][snapback]71625[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I might get those also, I got a reasonable quote on Toyo tires but didn't know much about them. I have heard of them before. Thank you much for your input.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this, very much, thank you, keep it coming.

2001 ZTS,Nov 25 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?
[right][snapback]71630[/snapback][/right]

I actually will take my training in Regina (there is a police college there). I will be employed with the Saskatoon Police if I get in (I say if cause there is no guarentee but originally last year when I applied there was about 350-400 applicants and I got down to about 100 then got deferred for a year cause I lacked volunteering, etc)

Anyway I will actually take about a $4,000 paycut for the first year on but after 5 years it's around $60,000 plus TONS of movement upwards if you want.

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - FociS8nt - 11-26-2004

ALL PERFORMANCE PARTS CHAD SELLS MUST GO THROUGH ME TO SEE IF I WANT THEM FIRST IF HE PARTS OUT lol ...thats shitty buddy don't sell it just ..get a nother car :D

S2,Nov 26 2004, 03:13 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Nov 25 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:Good luck with the police application! What does a PC make in Regina?
[right][snapback]71630[/snapback][/right]

I actually will take my training in Regina (there is a police college there). I will be employed with the Saskatoon Police if I get in (I say if cause there is no guarentee but originally last year when I applied there was about 350-400 applicants and I got down to about 100 then got deferred for a year cause I lacked volunteering, etc)

Anyway I will actually take about a $4,000 paycut for the first year on but after 5 years it's around $60,000 plus TONS of movement upwards if you want.
[right][snapback]71659[/snapback][/right]
Once you're IN let me know, if you're wiling to relocate to TO. That's just the tip of the iceberg salary wise.

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - NOS2Go4Me - 11-27-2004

Damn man, now the fuzz will have an inside track with the Foci crowd :P

Seriously, that's cool though. My cousin's Ontario Provincial Police up here in North Bay. Good luck on the opportunity.

Need New Tires, Recommendations? - S2 - 11-27-2004

Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in. I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

Back on topic, buddy here at work said I should go check out Costco for tires, I guess they have everything there (brand names).....

S2,Nov 26 2004, 11:13 AM Wrote:Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in.  I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

Back on topic, buddy here at work said I should go check out Costco for tires, I guess they have everything there (brand names).....
[right][snapback]71725[/snapback][/right]

I checked out Costco before I went to my Ford dealer for the Goodyear Integrity set... I wasn't that impressed, and having to drive an hour or more to settle a warranty or other issue wasn't that appealing.

I just went with the dealer cause I can drop off the car @ 7 and be at work for 7:30, same as always. :) Plus, the price was low-ball fo sho... under 500 bucks for 4 tires, installed and balanced, plus an oil change and filter and a #3 checkup for 40 bucks... taxes in on all that.

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 26 2004, 10:29 AM Wrote:
S2,Nov 26 2004, 11:13 AM Wrote:Definitely got my fingers crossed to get in.  I have only a couple steps left and along with all the volunteering I am doing (Big Brothers, United Way, etc) plus the fact that I got a retired staff seargent and a current seargent on my references list will help me.

[right][snapback]71725[/snapback][/right]

I checked out Costco before I went to my Ford dealer for the Goodyear Integrity set... I wasn't that impressed, and having to drive an hour or more to settle a warranty or other issue wasn't that appealing.

I just went with the dealer cause I can drop off the car @ 7 and be at work for 7:30, same as always. :) Plus, the price was low-ball fo sho... under 500 bucks for 4 tires, installed and balanced, plus an oil change and filter and a #3 checkup for 40 bucks... taxes in on all that.
[right][snapback]71751[/snapback][/right]

Thank you, probably saved me a trip now......

That was for 4 185/65R14s... but your price for 4 16"s shouldn't be too bad.

Right now the best price is for the OEM replacements (Firestone Firehawks) for about $175 installed each.

I'm looking at about $800+ for a brand name tire right now. Tire size on the S2 rims is 205-50-16