FocusCanada Forums
My V6 Focus - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: My V6 Focus (/showthread.php?tid=16560)

Pages: 1 2

My V6 Focus - 2001 ZTS - 11-10-2004

Good God that is large(r than I thought it was). Good Luck! Makes for a great power:weight ratio I think?

I'm not a "Ford guy" I just like conjecture.

BTW: you mean V-8 not v6 right? (Whatever the unpopular Yamaha engine was, I thought it was a V8)

My V6 Focus - v6focus - 11-10-2004

This particular SHO was the older Yamaha V6......I think they were rated at 220hp(it was the same engine until the change the body style and switched to the V8 in 97)........actually since the pics, we have it settled in a little better and the hood closes and header panel and such fit perfect.....

My V6 Focus - ZX3TUNR - 11-10-2004

Welcome to the site Jeremy. The V6 looks hot!!

I cant wait to see that SHO project complete. The one shop here was tell me how a SHO swap.

My V6 Focus - 2001 ZTS - 11-10-2004

v6focus,Nov 10 2004, 05:03 AM Wrote:This particular SHO was the older Yamaha V6......I think they were rated at 220hp........actually sits the pics, we have it settled in a little better and the hood closes and header panel and such fit perfect.....
You are right of course (I went back to the pics and counted pipes :lol: )

Be sure to keep us informed. There is apparantly a problem with SHO's at he cams and/or cam shafts (they need re-inforcement) is that the 6 or 8?

Sorry, I just find it an overly logical and relatively simple (vs In line V-8) swap? Again I'm a noob but enjoy letting the mind wander (outside of box).

My V6 Focus - Raine - 11-12-2004

I would happily volunteer my car if anyone wanted to try a V6 swap into an auto tragic

My V6 Focus - Rob - 11-19-2004

They got an early Taurus SHO at Standard Auto Wreckers in the UPIC lot. If you could carry a V6 out under your own steam you could get it for $40 CAD on one of there parts days.

My V6 Focus - SVT ZX3 - 11-20-2004

Cool! These are the first V6 Foci I've seen aside from the SVT prototype. :blink:

My V6 Focus - tdot-zx3 - 11-20-2004

I never saw this before, where have I been!! .. that sho project is awsome... I thought about if that would work before briefly but never really gave it a good thought.

I guess the best question is, what engine CANT you shove into a focus.

Great work on the project.

My V6 Focus - ZX3TUNR - 11-20-2004

LOL come on somebody do a B18C swap LOL or B16B what ever the hell it is. Im not a Honda pro...

My V6 Focus - Penwraith - 02-09-2005

Say anyone remeber the1980? Mustang with a 4 cylinder engine called the "SVO"?
(had a double spoiler on the back.)
Was that engine just a factory supercharged 4cyl.
What kind of power did it have?
Would it suit a Focus?

My V6 Focus - NOS2Go4Me - 02-09-2005

I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?

My V6 Focus - ANTHONYD - 02-10-2005

v6focus,Nov 10 2004, 12:43 AM Wrote:Well, not to announce a finished product ahead of time, but since the completion of the Duratec V6 swap, we purchased a salvage SHO and started on a true one of a kind V6 swap(I know my Duratec has been done a handfull of times before, NEVER an SHO).........I have a few pics from the begining, since the pics(actually over the weekend) we are almost to the point where the beast is going to live......once we get the finished product I'll post final pics.......until then, here is a few teasers.........

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0325.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0325.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0324.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0324.jpg]</a>
[right][snapback]69288[/snapback][/right]

YOWZA!

That car is going to scream something serious.

Did you have to cut into the frame at all to make room?

I wouls imagine you would go around and make it more rigid after the mortor is mounted no?

My V6 Focus - Penwraith - 02-10-2005

NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?
[right][snapback]84638[/snapback][/right]

Yah it was turbo! Thanks!
What kind of power could it deal out?

The SHO puts out what kind of hp. ?

My V6 Focus - meford4u - 02-10-2005

Penwraith,Feb 10 2005, 04:17 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?
[right][snapback]84638[/snapback][/right]

Yah it was turbo! Thanks!
What kind of power could it deal out?

The SHO puts out what kind of hp. ?
[right][snapback]84893[/snapback][/right]

Svo Mustang

turbocharged, and intercooled engine produced 200 bhp at 5000 rpm (205 bhp for 1985-1/2), and generated 240 lbs of torque at 3000 rpm. Now water-cooled, the turbo is more reliable, and provides variable boost up to 15 lbs with lag being virtually nonexistent.

The V6 SHO put out 220 hp and 200 torque.