FocusCanada Forums
SCT2 VIN locked? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: SCT2 VIN locked? (/showthread.php?tid=19161)

Pages: 1 2

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - buzz2.0 - 06-16-2011

ya the guy who tuned it is near chattham...which is a 6 hour round trip.....lol....

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - ZTWsquared - 06-16-2011

(06-16-2011, 05:33 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: ya the guy who tuned it is near chattham...which is a 6 hour round trip.....lol....

Right ... but some of us deal with Randy at FSWerks and they're in Cali ... email tunes FTW

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

after work i met up with chirs (05blackzx5) and he unlocked it for me!...took all of 10seconds....lol...much thanks to chris....awsome dude....i think we spent more time talking about his cutlass then anything else...lol thanks for all your advice guys....

soo the cars tuned now...its running good, i havnt turned up the boost yet. i still gotta put the lights and bumper back on and ill be road testing it tomorrow night after work....one thing i regret tho is not posting a build thread....i got lots of pics but none of the actual install...

(06-16-2011, 12:22 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: PROBLEM SOLVED!!

after work i met up with chirs (05blackzx5) and he unlocked it for me!...took all of 10seconds....lol...much thanks to chris....awsome dude....i think we spent more time talking about his cutlass then anything else...lol thanks for all your advice guys....

soo the cars tuned now...its running good, i havnt turned up the boost yet. i still gotta put the lights and bumper back on and ill be road testing it tomorrow night after work....one thing i regret tho is not posting a build thread....i got lots of pics but none of the actual install...

Well good stuff - congrats, that must be a weight off ... so what was the trick?

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - 05blackzx5 - 06-16-2011

not sure what prob he was having but i already had live link on my laptop since i had just retuned my car last week. so all i had to do was plug the xcal in , run the program and click unlock and problem solved.

(06-16-2011, 01:43 PM)05blackzx5 Wrote: not sure what prob he was having but i already had live link on my laptop since i had just retuned my car last week. so all i had to do was plug the xcal in , run the program and click unlock and problem solved.

Ah, okay - so he wasn't able to solve the VISTA drivers problem.

ya im not to computer savy...lol...but hey its workin now...i just gotta get it on the road...ill see everyone at the massiv meet!!!Big Grin

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - GFXjamie - 06-17-2011

glad to hear everything is working out for you dude. cant wait to see it at the meet. Coming to the dyno day??? get some fresh numbers Tongue
need more boosted peeps to show everyone whats up

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - buzz2.0 - 06-18-2011

well id like to see what it can put out, but its not running 100%, ive got a terrible exhaust leak at the flex, it seems to be running lean, im getting ALOT of white smoke at idle/first start, i have an AEM wideband and the A/F numbers arnt consistant, sometimes im getting 16's at idle then sometimes as low as 10 when the BOV blows ....which scares the sh*t out of me...lol

(06-17-2011, 02:15 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: glad to hear everything is working out for you dude. cant wait to see it at the meet. Coming to the dyno day??? get some fresh numbers Tongue
need more boosted peeps to show everyone whats up

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - hardk0re - 06-18-2011

I don't think white smoke is good... Does this have a water jacket? (coolant lines into the Turbo?) I suspect a leak of coolant into the turbo or oil into the turbo. I had an issue with my 1st turbo setup where the oil return was backing up and i had smoke out the exhaust. Check the oil return that it is as straight as possible without any dips, also maybe even try running the turbo without coolant connected and see if this helps.

What turbo is it anyway? Where did you tap the oil feed for the turbo, was it off the back of the block or at the head? It is also possible that oil is blowing past the seals in the turbo due to pressure. Some cars have this. Is it a T28 or T25 turbo?

it does have coolent lines, but i think it maybe the oil drain problem, the inline comes off the back of the block, the oil drain however is in a tight spot so i have to run a loop of line so i think it maybe to long....ill try to post some pics, but man it smokes like crazy.....

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - hardk0re - 06-18-2011

If there is ANY complex bends/dips in the drain line it will smoke like crazy. And you will need to remove the downpipe and drain out the excess oil. Its also not good for the turbo to run it like that for too long.

its definently the oil drain, ive had a couple of mechanics look at it, its way to long and bent, ill be heading to performance improvements after work to get a 90 depree AN fitting cuz i got 2 45's and they wont line up how it should be... ive parked the car now, gotta get a rental for tonight, oh well....

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - GFXjamie - 06-18-2011

you can get an entirely new line from pi, just figure out what size you need, add in the ends and done! new SS

(06-18-2011, 06:27 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: you can get an entirely new line from pi, just figure out what size you need, add in the ends and done! new SS

ya i already had a line from them, but it was to long so im gonna cut it down and straighten it out. should be back on the road by tomorrow.

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - Mystake - 06-19-2011

I bet my focus' old engine blew out more smoke than yours does Tongue

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - buzz2.0 - 06-19-2011

(06-19-2011, 01:20 AM)Mystake Wrote: I bet my focus' old engine blew out more smoke than yours does Tongue

i dont know man...i thought the MTO was gonna catch me...i was on the 401 stuck in traffic and people around me had to close they're windows...lol ....

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - Mystake - 06-19-2011

haha when the car was running it looked like it was running on oil, not gas that's how much smoke was pouring out. I think it ran for 30 seconds and it took a couple minutes for the smoke in the air to clear up it was that thick lol

RE: SCT2 VIN locked? - arpaul15 - 06-19-2011

Haha yea I've seen luc's Engine smoke out. It was better than any fog machine out there:p the thickness, and amount of smoke it spewed out loll