FocusCanada Forums
My Focus ZX5 Project - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: My Focus ZX5 Project (/showthread.php?tid=20856)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 11-29-2012

its actually rattle can paint but it does have flex in it , its meant for bumpers , plastic , abs plastic and so on. its only about a buck or 2 more a can.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - drunkinmonkey - 11-29-2012

Looking good man. Coming along well

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 11-30-2012

Itty bitty update

First coat of clear is on , now gotta leave it for a few days to properly cure

[Image: 9024v4.jpg]
[Image: wt645h.jpg]
[Image: 2gumiw3.jpg]

and this is after a wetsand to smooth out any overspray or blemishes , then final coat of white , and a wetsand again to smooth it out.

I may not need another coat of clear but i won't know for a day or two.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - 2000zx3sct - 12-01-2012

(11-29-2012, 12:52 PM)incognito27 Wrote: its actually rattle can paint but it does have flex in it , its meant for bumpers , plastic , abs plastic and so on. its only about a buck or 2 more a can.

Is it an exact match color? I was gonna do mine that way but they only sold exact match color spray cans in those little cans and they cost like $12 a can i think. Or is it just generic white?

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 12-01-2012

my car is actually cloud 9 white , which whenever i look at any charts from ford didn`t actually appear until 05 or 06 , and i can`t seem to find cloud 9 white in any rattle can, However Oxford white is very very close. so i used that . Once i buff and clean and clay bar the rest of the car you will barely be able to see the difference unless you know what to look for.

If i had a proper paint setup i would have got a exact cloud 9 paint for the sprat gun. But in lew of that and because i was fighting against mother nature and father time , i settled . Come spring i am looking at a make shift spray booth useing one of those portable garage things you can buy for 300 bucks , a heater , compressor and spray gun . Then i can do much nicer work .

Speaking of paint.... Paint job Complete and put together... goes on the car next week.

[Image: 122j0if.jpg]
[Image: 11l4sb4.jpg]

Its going to stay indoors at room temperature for the rest of the weekend and add a little more cureing time. just to make sure. Cold does weird stuff to paint.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - 2000zx3sct - 12-01-2012

still looks pretty damn good for spray cans.

I have always been better and paint and body than mechanical. Although i understand the principles of mechanical and have even spent time as a mechanic , i am still way better at paint and body. If this bumper survives the winter , then i will even be surprised. Thankfully it cost very little to do . SPring time i can do a better job if it peels or chips.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - hardk0re - 12-01-2012

I had to do some paint touchups before, I went to carquest and they mixed me up some paint and put them in spray bombs for me.

yea i priced that out but it ended up being more expensive for me to do that , than useing oxford white. i needed as cheap as i could get.

Come spring if i have to do anything i will be looking as a more permanent solution. however saying that , this job seems to be holding up , the bumper flexes with no issues , and even had a small itty bitty bang on a door without issue.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - drunkinmonkey - 12-01-2012

OUTSTANDING JOB LAD!!!

/bow thank you thank you , i'll be here till ......... whenever

so a little bit of a teaser for my monday`s project

[Image: 2evzw4m.jpg]
[Image: jv6e53.jpg]

Steeda Plug cover

[Image: 2czzdw9.jpg]

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - lonewolf - 12-02-2012

wow! coming along awesome man! loving all the updates!

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - pogo - 12-02-2012

Ya nice updates bro. Can't wait to c the lights on.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 12-02-2012

They will be going on Monday, weather permitting Tongue supposed to be warmer , but we will see. i need to get the alignment and egr done.

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - reldridge - 12-04-2012

Looks good!

did you get the vibration fixed?

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 12-04-2012

(12-04-2012, 04:48 AM)reldridge Wrote: Looks good!

did you get the vibration fixed?

No i did not yet , However i did have Pogo , member on here , take a ride with me , and he thinks it may just be a alignment issue , but if not the rear spindles. I will find out soon enough. EGR is a desperate need right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note ....

So as you recall last i was stoked about installing the new bumper and headlights , but before i could do that i had to finish making my wire harness. Well wire harness done , headlights in , bumper on. But LEDS are not connected yet. that i will have to do tomorrow , ran out of day light.

However i won't leave you Pic less. here is the wire harness. I used Trailer wire harness's to remake a harness for the new headlights. I soldered every connected and used electrical grease in every connector to protect them even more. I will say though that the lights look awsome. Brighter by a long shot. will change the turn signal to a LED light rather than what i am useing. However tomorrow i will hook the LEDs up and then take a few pictures for you all to see.

[Image: 1o3dif.jpg]

[Image: 3025m4p.jpg]

[Image: 25geag4.jpg]

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 12-05-2012

ok so here is the big update a few of you have been waiting for.

to start with here is the LED wireing i did to the Low beam DRL under the hood.

[Image: vcuwra.jpg]

Was very easy to do with the good fuse Block Tap.

And for the pictures everyone has been waiting for..... (drum roll please)

[Image: 2najx9l.jpg]

[Image: 2wq937b.jpg]

[Image: 2ent5k6.jpg]

[Image: 1zecwex.jpg]

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - incognito27 - 12-05-2012

and finally this is next for me

[Image: 302p20z.jpg]

RE: My Focus ZX5 Project - 2000zx3sct - 12-05-2012

I actually like those lights on the focus , great job.