FocusCanada Forums
08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge (/showthread.php?tid=4581)

Pages: 1 2

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - euro_zx5 - 10-11-2007

Nice, anyone know what network this is on? Does Speed have this show regularly?

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Canadian ST - 10-11-2007

euro_zx5,Oct 10 2007, 08:48 PM Wrote:Nice, anyone know what network this is on? Does Speed have this show regularly?
[right][snapback]250637[/snapback][/right]
Yup its on the Speed channel, I thinks its going to start on Oct 17.

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Flofocus - 10-12-2007

Im pretty sure that is the EVo guys.

And its not a competition for top horsepower, something about stock vs there tuning.

Details are on the jet of course, so if you want to check it out, stop by FJ.

EDIT: Yep, its an EVO.

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/5...season-3-a.html

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Canadian ST - 10-12-2007

Wow an Evo! Well even with the tunning an Evo has one huge advantage...AWD, and if its a newer Evo the have the yaw control to boot. I know they wouldn't make a show if it was completely one sided so it will be cool to see the Focus Sport Foci take on the Evo and the Mini.

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Flofocus - 10-12-2007

AWD is only going to help you in a few areas. Important areas, but the FWD guys will have tricks up there sleeves for sure.

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - Drivesthebeast - 10-12-2007

Who gives a frick about the EVO or Mini...they've been done to death...hope the 08 does well in the Improvement Vs Stock, which might actually help it win...

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - naz - 10-12-2007

Flofocus,Oct 11 2007, 04:33 PM Wrote:AWD is only going to help you in a few areas.  Important areas, but the FWD guys will have tricks up there sleeves for sure.
[right][snapback]250721[/snapback][/right]

from my experience the only clearcut time that awd helps is during corner exit.. not really sure how a fwd car could overcome that.. other than to try to make up the time elsewhere..

i guess it doesn't matter because if this contest is about how much tuning helped the car then a focus could very well win.. you can double the power in a focus easier than you can double the power in an EVO

08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge - NOS2Go4Me - 10-12-2007

naz,Oct 11 2007, 08:23 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 11 2007, 04:33 PM Wrote:AWD is only going to help you in a few areas.  Important areas, but the FWD guys will have tricks up there sleeves for sure.
[right][snapback]250721[/snapback][/right]

from my experience the only clearcut time that awd helps is during corner exit.. not really sure how a fwd car could overcome that.. other than to try to make up the time elsewhere.[right][snapback]250775[/snapback][/right]

LSD? The diff, not the drug you crackheads! :D :lol: