FocusCanada Forums
Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Request For Help To Install Hood Lift (/showthread.php?tid=7946)

Pages: 1 2

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - dBlast - 10-08-2006

meford4u,Oct 7 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:(although, I woke up at 430 after a long night of getting paid $55+ per hour to do next to nothing).
[right][snapback]210582[/snapback][/right]

It's a good thing Ford has hard working people like you to help them through these rough financial times. Imagine how pissed they are at paying someone $55 per hour to do absolutely nothing!

At least you do "next to" nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - NefCanuck - 10-08-2006

meford4u,Oct 7 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:
Sundown,Oct 7 2006, 05:36 PM Wrote:if anyones interested.
he's coming to my place monday morning 10 am.
pm I will give you my addy
[right][snapback]210581[/snapback][/right]

great. I can't nail the boy down as my hours are completely the opposite of his and I haven't even seen him yet today (although, I woke up at 430 after a long night of getting paid $55+ per hour to do next to nothing).
Glad someone came to the rescue.
Have fun.
[right][snapback]210582[/snapback][/right]

Ugh, the joys of shift work. Man, you could pay me that much and I still wouldn't take the job...

Gimmie a 9 to 5 government job with paid holidays off :P

NefCanuck

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - meford4u - 10-08-2006

I couldn't understand what exactly we were called in for, nevermind why we were there.
All of a sudden, with the launch coming next week, they sat us down and told us they expect 480 units a shift (times 3 shifts)
I spoke with the plant production manager for our shift about it and we had a good chuckle, knowing that to date, we have only put out 40 good Edges in 1 shift.
Not because of us, but the equipment is worn and dated, no maintenance and no cleaning=dirt in the paint.
So we shall see where things go from here.
But I'll take their money.

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - schade - 10-09-2006

40 good? eges per shift .... how many bad ones?

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - meford4u - 10-09-2006

schade,Oct 8 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:40 good? eges per shift .... how many bad ones?
[right][snapback]210661[/snapback][/right]
don't know........they can be painted 4 times.......after that>>>scrap.

we tossed 100+ edges and freestars this week due to an issue in automation that caused severe clearcoat sag.

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - ANTHONYD - 10-09-2006

I'll take one of the scrapped units.

My dad used to flip back in the day working Chrysler watching them scrap one in 10 cars. :blink:

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - torradan - 10-09-2006

Sweet, glad you were all able to get it taken care of!

Wish I could have joined you, but have to work today (boo!)

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - NefCanuck - 10-10-2006

A big thank you to Sundown. He managed to install the hood lift kit in under an hour (and get an arm workout too, those rivets were tough SOB's) Photos below:

The kit laid out in the engine bay:

[Image: DSC00133.jpg]

The kit installed:

[Image: DSC00134.jpg]

Sundown standing beside his handiwork:

[Image: DSC00135.jpg]

Once again, big thanks to Sundown and to everyone that offered to help. I can now open and close my hood with only two fingers and no risk of getting decapitated :lol:

NefCanuck

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - habmann - 10-10-2006

Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - meford4u - 10-10-2006

nice work boys

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - euro_zx5 - 10-10-2006

Looks good!

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - Sundown - 10-10-2006

me or the shock install
lol kidding

Sundown,Oct 9 2006, 09:00 PM Wrote:me or the shock install
lol kidding
[right][snapback]210798[/snapback][/right]

Clearly the shock install :P

Request For Help To Install Hood Lift - NefCanuck - 10-10-2006

habmann,Oct 9 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.
[right][snapback]210786[/snapback][/right]

Nope... I could still do something now but I wanted to ensure the easiest install possible (but since you can't even tell from the photos where the mounting brackets are I would say it wasn't a deal breaker). We ended up using a fair bit of masking tape trying to avoid any scratches and we missed a spot that ended up getting a coat of touch up paint :(

NefCanuck

NefCanuck,Oct 9 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:
habmann,Oct 9 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.
[right][snapback]210786[/snapback][/right]

Nope... I could still do something now but I wanted to ensure the easiest install possible (but since you can't even tell from the photos where the mounting brackets are I would say it wasn't a deal breaker). We ended up using a fair bit of masking tape trying to avoid any scratches and we missed a spot that ended up getting a coat of touch up paint :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210804[/snapback][/right]

Looking at the pics I don't know that i would even bother with touch up paint. Looks like a factory option as it stands right now. And it definately looks better than the stupid yellow prop rod.