FocusCanada Forums
Engine: What To Do... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Engine: What To Do... (/showthread.php?tid=8394)

Pages: 1 2

Engine: What To Do... - NikiterZTS - 08-31-2006

PIGEON1,Aug 30 2006, 09:58 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 28 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:BOOST THAT BITCH!
[right][snapback]204403[/snapback][/right]

I'm with Flo...If you can get a new motor for 300 of him, have fun s/c that one in the car drive until you Blow it thru you hood and into the neighbour driveway and then put the new on in the car and do all the work to it to make it sweet.

Thats me though, If i'm going to buy a new engine i'm going to DESTROY the old one for sure... :rolleyes: :D
[right][snapback]204737[/snapback][/right]

u gonna put zetec ? cuz i know you have spi right now

Engine: What To Do... - residentdud - 08-31-2006

Nope...I have a Zetec...and doing a swap isnt such a bad idea before hand. What worries me the most is the loud noises coming from my gearbox.

I think I'll be looking at a engine and tranny together before getting into boost, now that i think about it. I dont know if anyone else has this "tractor" sound coming from the gears, but I do, and its getting worse by the day.

I have a new clutch, cams, and gears sitting in my living room/parts garage. I dont want to install on something that might die sooner than later. But i think droping in a new motor w/ tranny at the same time should save me some headaches.

Im not sure what I want to spend...I think I'll just go with the flow, and see how much it'll run me after it's done....dont ask...it's just the way I am.

What am i looking at price wise for Kevin's FS kit?

Thanks for the help everyone...appreciate it.

Darryl

Engine: What To Do... - ANTHONYD - 08-31-2006

Keep us posted!

Let us kno whow it goes either way!

:)

Engine: What To Do... - PIGEON1 - 08-31-2006

NikiterZTS,Aug 30 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:
PIGEON1,Aug 30 2006, 09:58 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 28 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:BOOST THAT BITCH!
[right][snapback]204403[/snapback][/right]

I'm with Flo...If you can get a new motor for 300 of him, have fun s/c that one in the car drive until you Blow it thru you hood and into the neighbour driveway and then put the new on in the car and do all the work to it to make it sweet.

Thats me though, If i'm going to buy a new engine i'm going to DESTROY the old one for sure... :rolleyes: :D
[right][snapback]204737[/snapback][/right]

u gonna put zetec ? cuz i know you have spi right now
[right][snapback]204758[/snapback][/right]

Who me? I know i only got an SPI, I would live to put a Ztec or something more powerful (5.0 conversion kit) but two things are holding me up

1. Being the money involved....ie me not having that kind of coin and,

2. I have promissed the gf a nice truck when I get out of the military before I did anything like major motor work.