FocusCanada Forums
Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here (/showthread.php?tid=209)

Pages: 1 2 3

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - GFXjamie - 04-05-2010

nearing completetion alone once again after another 1.5 hours of messing around.

DV piping needed a trimming to fit so thats y it was giving me s***. also local performance improvements manager/friend of mine opened store so i could grab vaccum line i needed. happens to be same as my washer fluid hose LOL

just trying to get thru bumper rebar with a drill bot for intercooler. that and one more bolt is needed for DP to cat back and it is complete minus bumper and boost gauge.

getting there. thanks to oscar for all the help so far. doing this without instructions certainly isnt all that easy. especially with only one pair of hands!

car is running after another 4 or so hours. just one minor oil leak near oil filter. gotta drain oil and re seal oil filter mount with a new gasket tomorrow night when i pick one up. besides that had one minor coolant leak on front side of turbo that i had to tighten up. cars running rich but boost gauge line isnt hooked up to the gauge so im guessing that is why, un metered air.

overall, not bad for no instructions!!

pics will come upon full completetion tomorrow. datalogging will also hopefully start tomorrow after leak is taken car off.

cheers!

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - Oscar The Grouch - 04-05-2010

Good job man. Were we right on the DV valve placement?

ya, had to trim the long piece by about half inch mind you to make it fit. otherwise wasnt to bad.

i think i have a leak somewhere tho, likely vaccuum line from DV to intake mani where i have tee in for boost gauge. gotta also get kink outta my boost line for gauge aswell.

the worst has been taken care of tho.

the water line leak was a PITA tho, dripping coolant on me while trying to get the darn thing tightened up. turned out i loosened it the first crack i had at it.. LOL

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - NikiterZTS - 04-05-2010

You rock Jamie. Can't wait to check it out bro. B)

Well i had a LOT of help from oscar over the phone, figuring out vaccuum lines, and the DV. twas a pain in the ass.

A special thanks goes t performance improvements in guelph tho for opening the store to let me grab that hose i needed to get car running.

Also had some help from john (scorcher000) and chris (shadowzx3) on friday. And ofcourse my buddy derek was there for friday, and part of last night helping me figure the last of it out!

bumper rebar was a PITA to drill through however. Now i have to drain my new oil, fix the god damn leak and put it all back in. happy happy joy joy joy

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - Focus man. Focus. - 04-06-2010

So does this mean you are coming out to Masiv Monday tonight to show off?

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - GFXjamie - 04-06-2010

not tonite, i work til 5 and still have an oil leak to fix. also since i just finished brunt of installation, i still need to finish with tuning. once car is fully tuned and all bugs worked out i will be at the meet.

so with that said, hopefully next meet i will be out showing off my goods :D

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - Scorcher000 - 04-06-2010

Great job
Can't wait to hear the boost. :D

everything is done, dropped by the shop last night and fix the leak, also pulled on the line for boost gauge a little hard so it popped off when i did install. that was my leak! lol i was wondering why it didnt show any vacuum.... :rolleyes:

One issue with tuning so far, when my car had some issues a while back ford replaced the ECU accidentally but didnt take it back out. so whatever ECU they put in doesnt match up to my door code and there for the base tune i had goes into like a fail safe mode and wont go above 3000 ish rpms and i have a CEL, battery light and airbag light go on all at the same time LOL

stock tune went back on and problem went away. me and randy are working on figuring it out, so i had to get a s*** tonne of info for him off the handheld so he can rebuild a base file.

So far i am having a really good experience with FSwerks, i was talking to Vik about the issues last night along with randy and they are working on getting it all fixed for me. very good customer service and very knowledgeable.

Turbo Progress! Oscar Look Here - Oscar The Grouch - 04-06-2010

What you'll have to do is pull open the glove box (put pressure on both sides of it and it will come down. Behind that is the ECU. You'll have to disconnect it and pull it out to get the code.

well i had to go onto xcal2 and read the strategy to him and he said knowing the strat will help him figure out how he needs to tune it. Ill see once i hear back from him tonite, i assume he was working on it last night (i hope) so far randys been pretty good to me