FocusCanada Forums
Audiophile Svt - Tool - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Audiophile Svt - Tool (/showthread.php?tid=10170)

Audiophile Svt - Tool - Ryan - 04-10-2006

For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's. Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself? I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan

Audiophile Svt - Tool - ANTHONYD - 04-10-2006

Ryan,Apr 10 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's.  Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself?  I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan
[right][snapback]180245[/snapback][/right]

Canadian Tire or Wal-mart.

Ford radio removal tool.

They're about $3.00

Audiophile Svt - Tool - NOS2Go4Me - 04-10-2006

Metal strapping works, cut lengthwise with tin snips. Just ask Oscar :D

Audiophile Svt - Tool - SL8RZZX3 - 04-10-2006

Ryan,Apr 10 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's.  Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself?  I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan
[right][snapback]180245[/snapback][/right]

i would take mine in and get a brand new deck everytime that used to happen to me, then they'd just mail you back your cd's

warrenty is great :D i think i went through 5 or 6 decks all replaced for free

Audiophile Svt - Tool - MAlby7 - 04-11-2006

I used those hobby screwdrivers that are made to fix glasses and small stuff. Just stick 4 of them in the little holes and pull them together and pull the deck out.

Audiophile Svt - Tool - Ryan - 04-12-2006

Thanks guys. Got the tool at Crappy Tire, $8.99...fixed.