FocusCanada Forums
Rear License Plate Bracket Question - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Rear License Plate Bracket Question (/showthread.php?tid=10198)

Rear License Plate Bracket Question - MAlby7 - 04-08-2006

Hey guys. I seem to have stripped the screws in the rear license plate holder. My first question is does anyone have a replacement for sale? My second question; are the sedan and ZX3 brackets the same?

Rear License Plate Bracket Question - paolo - 04-08-2006

1.ford dealer can get u spare screws, i asked and got a handfull of them no charge
2. no the sedans doesnt have the same rear licence plate mount as the zx3. sedan screws right into the trunk lid while zx3 uses the euro to n-a adaptor

Rear License Plate Bracket Question - MAlby7 - 04-08-2006

paolo,Apr 8 2006, 03:01 AM Wrote:1.ford dealer can get u spare screws, i asked and got a handfull of them no charge
2. no the sedans doesnt have the same rear licence plate mount as the zx3.  sedan screws right into the trunk lid while zx3 uses the euro to n-a adaptor
[right][snapback]179788[/snapback][/right]

Are you sure Paolo? I mean on my car the black plate bracket is screwed straight into the hatch and the plate is screwed into the plate bracket. The problem with mine is the threaded portion inside the plate bracket is gone so the screws wont catch on anything.

Rear License Plate Bracket Question - ZX3_2NV - 04-09-2006

I had the same problem with my zx3 bracket but i got my hands on a new one from a friend a ford

Rear License Plate Bracket Question - paolo - 04-09-2006

yeah, or just put some washers where the screw holes are to hold it in