FocusCanada Forums
Sad Day :( - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Sad Day :( (/showthread.php?tid=10229)

Sad Day :( - Clutch - 04-07-2006

We'll the time has come to get rid of the Focus. I hate to see her go, she's been a great car.

I'll keep lurking on the site & hopefully I can pick up a 5 door in the future..

~ Clutch

Sad Day :( - Flofocus - 04-07-2006

Why does it have to go away?

Sad Day :( - SangriaRedZX5 - 04-07-2006

Sorry to hear, buddy!
What happened?

Sad Day :( - Drivesthebeast - 04-07-2006

You didn't...go to the dark side did you?
(Civic Nation or BORE-olla?)

Sad Day :( - Frost__2001 - 04-07-2006

if it's a good car and you like it why get rid of it ? or is your lease coming to an end ?

Sad Day :( - Casper - 04-07-2006

Drivesthebeast,Apr 6 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:(BORE-olla?)
[right][snapback]179436[/snapback][/right]

Dunno, man.... I would buy an XRS.....

Sad Day :( - NOS2Go4Me - 04-07-2006

It's all way too common. May as well get a Matrix/Vibe and get a real engine/tranny combo.

Oh god Kevo, you've got me saying it even more! ARGH! *bangs head off desk*

Sad Day :( - NefCanuck - 04-07-2006

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 6 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:It's all way too common. May as well get a Matrix/Vibe and get a real engine/tranny combo.

[right][snapback]179473[/snapback][/right]

My dad went and bought a Matrix. Of course he buys one without ABS and bitches to me about the evil handling in the winter :rolleyes: (Needless to say I won't ride with him in the winter in that thing now) :lol:

You go cheap, you get screwed in the end :P

NefCanuck

Sad Day :( - naz - 04-07-2006

good luck with your next car!! there are quite a few people on this board who haven't owned a focus in a while (ie me)

Sad Day :( - Clutch - 04-09-2006

I traded her into the dealer for a bigger model...ie a freestar minivan :o !! (I can hear you all laughing now :lol: )

Sad Day :( - euro_zx5 - 04-09-2006

Family growing? Or is the family complaining of the current car?

Sad Day :( - habmann - 04-09-2006

Clutch,Apr 8 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:I traded her into the dealer for a bigger model...ie a freestar minivan  :o !!  (I can hear you all laughing now :lol: )
[right][snapback]179827[/snapback][/right]

A mini van? You poor poor soul.

Sad Day :( - Frost__2001 - 04-09-2006

I donno, a mini van can be cool if you mod it right lol.... though the freestar sport models are very nice rides.

Sad Day :( - meford4u - 04-09-2006

Clutch,Apr 8 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:I traded her into the dealer for a bigger model...ie a freestar minivan  :o !!  (I can hear you all laughing now :lol: )
They are giving them away. I bet you got a fabulous deal.

Thanks for keeping me working for 1 more minute. :D

Sad Day :( - SangriaRedZX5 - 04-09-2006

Minivan... interesting. Yeah, why?

Sad Day :( - NefCanuck - 04-09-2006

Clutch,Apr 8 2006, 10:10 AM Wrote:I traded her into the dealer for a bigger model...ie a freestar minivan  :o !!  (I can hear you all laughing now :lol: )

Hey you gotta meet your family's needs and if it takes a minivan, more power to you ;)

Just be sure to wave as I blast by you in the Focus K? :lol:

NefCanuck

Sad Day :( - Clutch - 04-09-2006

Yeah - The family is growing, so we needed to grow with it. I got the Freestar SEL, its pretty nice (for a minivan!).

I can hold 3 times as many baby strollers/baby gear & diapers in this rig! and 2 more people!!

I don't know how many of you have ever had a baby seat in the back seat of your focus, but I know there is no way, I'd be able to put 2 of them in there. (We had to put it in the middle so the clearance between the two front seats would benefit our leg room).

Getting the kid in & out of the van is a snap! & I love the power sliding doors!!

As for the mods, I'm not too sure there is anything that can be done to this beast to make it "Cool", other than 3 DVD screens & maybe some surround sound....hmm...

~ Clutch

Sad Day :( - Drivesthebeast - 04-09-2006

I had an SEL 4.0L one with the traction package as a rental vehicle for 3 days a while back (no, focus wasn't in the shop, I was moving). It had lots of torque down low, and decent acceleration at highway speed. Steering and handling for a vehicle loaded to the gills with options, and so heavy was actually ok...leaps and bounds over Chevy Astro Vans of Ford Aerostars I drove long time ago...

Though the power rear hatch and side doors is very cool, and the SEL is like the Limo of minivans...I'd hate to find out what that stuff costs to fix...Anyways, nice to know you DIDN'T buy a BORE-olla or a civic.... :P

Sad Day :( - Frost__2001 - 04-10-2006

Actually I've had two baby sets in both focus' and there was plenty of room, right now when I have the two youngest nephews in the car it's a baby seat and booster seat and it all fits fine.

But still the mini van you got is again I'll admit a sweet ride.... but yeah MOD the crap out of it as you'd be the first to do so lol.....

Sad Day :( - Flofocus - 04-11-2006

NefCanuck,Apr 6 2006, 06:29 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 6 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:It's all way too common. May as well get a Matrix/Vibe and get a real engine/tranny combo.

[right][snapback]179473[/snapback][/right]

My dad went and bought a Matrix. Of course he buys one without ABS and bitches to me about the evil handling in the winter :rolleyes: (Needless to say I won't ride with him in the winter in that thing now) :lol:

You go cheap, you get screwed in the end :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]179476[/snapback][/right]

My father in law bought 2 of em.

He bought one with that gunmetal grey color, liked it so much, went back the next week and traded in their 01 Rav4 for another martix.

I've driven them plenty of times, really nice ride, but it ain't me.